Future QB Discussion

G08

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The why and the why.  You are one of the fans who I was talking about, and now you're clearly offended by what I said.

If you have nothing else to offer in this convo then move on.

Sorry, dude. I don't tend to get worked up by nonsensical posts. I'm weird that way.

You'll have to try again.

I do find it interesting that you've become emboldened enough to actually admit you're going around trying to offend people, though. I'd think that's something the moderators may wish to take note of. 

• Like 4

On 3/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, GOGRIESE said:

Getting Minshew wouldn't be lucky. Him or Darnold would be all options have failed. Could throw Alex Smith in that group too. 

I love Gardner Minshew but have to agree with you on that.  If the Bears end up with him (or probably Darnold too), it would have to be looked upon as a loss overall for Pace/Nagy - especially when it sounds like they are as close as they are to a guy like Russell Wilson.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Heinz D. said:

Sorry, dude. I don't tend to get worked up by nonsensical posts. I'm weird that way.

26e6nl.jpg

Clearly you were offended otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place, so stop it.
I posted a non-offensive FOOTBALL related comment and now you are screaming "victim" just because you couldn't comprehend it instead of sticking to the topic and posting something constructive. This is a YOU problem. Get over it.
You seem to be the only one who took offense to it.  Suga understood the sentiment of my post and was able to address it without getting his panties in a bunch. Which ultimately generated in a good FOOTBALL related debate between us.  Do you see how this works?

This is a football forum and I don't come here to make posts that ONLY you, or anyone else, would deem as "acceptable".  I'd hate to break it to you, but you are not that important.

So here's an idea, cupcake.  Since that light post of mine upset you that much then block me right now because my posts are not for thin-skinned, social justice warriors like yourself.  

I come here to talk about football and to share MY opinions and MY thoughts, just the same as everyone else, whether you like it or not, and I say it like it is and I don't care one bit how you, or anyone, else perceive it.  

Maybe you are the type who cares what people think, but I don't.  I don't lose any sleep over it and that's not ever going to change..... so deal with it.  And this goes for all of you other ******* sensitive snowflakes too, since this is the 2nd time in the last few weeks that people have tried taking my words and misinterpret them.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Heinz D. said:

I do find it interesting that you've become emboldened enough to actually admit you're going around trying to offend people, though. I'd think that's something the moderators may wish to take note of. 

That's what you took from this?  Are you really this dense?  This is twice now that your basic level of comprehension has failed you miserably.  Once again, this a YOU problem. What's even sadder is that you don't seem to even notice it. Either that or you are simply one of those type to never admit you were wrong.

Furthermore, I thought you said you weren't offended? But yet you were so offended enough by my post that you felt the need to get the mods involved?!?.  SJW!

Now I'm glad you got so offended by such a non-offensive post. HAHA. Good job on lowering the bar here! Stay tuned. You might disagree with my next post too.

This is a great opportunity to throw out a quick PSA.  If anyone has an issue with me then either block me, or be a man and PM me about it instead of dry snitching and crying to the mods just because you hope to one day aspire to become one.

Good luck on your future dreams and endeavors, Ketchup.

Anyways, I'm moving on. I'm not wasting another second on this dumb *** SJW garbage. Either; talk football, or block me, or grow a pair.  Period.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:41 AM, Sugashane said:

As the GM he has the final say, I can't absolve him of Foles.

As far as Nagy being wrong on Mitch, Mitch was here before Nagy, so are you talking about Nagy not trying to force a bigger move prior to the 2020 season because he misjudged Tru?

I look at it differently in this instance. As a GM you gotta let your HC pick his guys.  But I can understand your point here. All decisions are a reflection of the GM.

What I meant was Nagy chose to come here knowing he was going to be expected to groom Mitch.  He thought he could mold Mitch into something useful, and he was wrong.

There are a lot of contracts that can be dropped over this year and next alone. Cap space won't be a real issue, and having a legit QB will attract talent.

Watson or Wilson cap % will also take away a lot of this extra money as well.  It's not as if you are just re-adjusting the cap to have extra money to spend for others. Making room for said QB is going to take up some of this space too.

Also, regarding the "legit QB attracting better players".  I feel like this is kind of an overused statement at times and Wilson is a good example as to why.  Wilson has spent years without a good OL or WRs and is now (supposedly) wanting to move on due to lack of talent. If he was such an attraction then why has Seattle struggled to surround him with talent? By this logic, they should've had a line of players wanted to go there. So wouldn't you say this goes against this sort of train of thought?

They won't lack resources. There will be turnover and a lot of guys coming in. But if Pace can't draft talent, or if he can't trade back to get more swings and hopeful hits - then why the hell do we have him here?

Giving up multiple years of high valued draft capital while also gaining a QB that would take up 17-19% of the cap space is considered lack of resources, no?

I get what you mean here, but I also think we should be realistic with our standards here.  If Pace doesn't have alot of capital to work with in the draft (because he gave them up to acquire a QB) then you can't exactly expect him to hit on every other late pick just to compensate for it. This goes for any GM. That's just unrealistic.

Floyd...

Let's stay on subject here. This is getting a bit off-topic, and you and I are NOT going to agree about whether Floyd should be considered a "bust" or not.  We're just not lol. We've been through this suga, several times, and It's not going to happen lol.  This is just one of those things we're just going to have to agree to disagree on. Time will tell.

As stated above, the discussion began when you said Pace was more successful trading away the first round pick and my response was that Pace has only done this twice in 6 years.

Two cases is too small of a sample to judge IMO, and he was right on one of those two occasions.

42 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

26e6nl.jpg

Clearly you were offended otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place, so stop it.
I posted a non-offensive FOOTBALL related comment and now you are screaming "victim" just because you couldn't comprehend it instead of sticking to the topic and posting something constructive. This is a YOU problem. Get over it.
You seem to be the only one who took offense to it.  Suga understood the sentiment of my post and was able to address it without getting his panties in a bunch. Which ultimately generated in a good FOOTBALL related debate between us.  Do you see how this works?

This is a football forum and I don't come here to make posts that ONLY you, or anyone else, would deem as "acceptable".  I'd hate to break it to you, but you are not that important.

So here's an idea, cupcake.  Since that light post of mine upset you that much then block me right now because my posts are not for thin-skinned, social justice warriors like yourself.  

I come here to talk about football and to share MY opinions and MY thoughts, just the same as everyone else, whether you like it or not, and I say it like it is and I don't care one bit how you, or anyone, else perceive it.  

Maybe you are the type who cares what people think, but I don't.  I don't lose any sleep over it and that's not ever going to change..... so deal with it.  And this goes for all of you other ******* sensitive snowflakes too, since this is the 2nd time in the last few weeks that people have tried taking my words and misinterpret them.

That's what you took from this?  Are you really this dense?  This is twice now that your basic level of comprehension has failed you miserably.  Once again, this a YOU problem. What's even sadder is that you don't seem to even notice it. Either that or you are simply one of those type to never admit you were wrong.

Furthermore, I thought you said you weren't offended? But yet you were so offended enough by my post that you felt the need to get the mods involved?!?.  SJW!

Now I'm glad you got so offended by such a non-offensive post. HAHA. Good job on lowering the bar here! Stay tuned. You might disagree with my next post too.

This is a great opportunity to throw out a quick PSA.  If anyone has an issue with me then either block me, or be a man and PM me about it instead of dry snitching and crying to the mods just because you hope to one day aspire to become one.

Good luck on your future dreams and endeavors, Ketchup.

Anyways, I'm moving on. I'm not wasting another second on this dumb *** SJW garbage. Either; talk football, or block me, or grow a pair.  Period.

@JAF-N72EXyou’re getting a warning for this entire post.  As you said yourself, if you have a problem with someone you can hash it out via PM.  You don’t need to go on a huge rant like this.

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rapoport and Graziano on their TV hits this AM made it seem very unlikely the Bears are going to land Russell Wilson.

Might be time to move on to more realistic options.

I saw that this morning too. I mean they are just in the listening stage probably a good idea to move on. I'm half tempted to sign Fitz for 1 year and then draft someone. 

27 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I saw that this morning too. I mean they are just in the listening stage probably a good idea to move on. I'm half tempted to sign Fitz for 1 year and then draft someone. 

You think Fitz is better than Foles or even mitch when he needs to come and learn a new system?

I think Mitch will give us better odds than most outside of Russ and Watson.  Especially if we can fix the Oline and protect him.  Last year the oline was embarrasing.

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We might be better off at this point building up the OL and rolling with a cheap vet and a rookie and seeing if we can run the Mitch offense better.

The Mitch offense can work if your OL can hang with better defenses.

Mitch runs the Mitch offense better than Foles and they seem to be anti-Mitch and he them at moment.

I have always maintained that Bears could be a very good, not great, team with Mitch and a loaded roster.  But a big part of loaded has to be a great O line.

I wrote that Bears best strategy to win in 2021, when Wilson did not seem in least part realistic, was to run it back with all key players and concentrate on really improving the O line at OT.

I still agree with myself there.  LOL.  I do change my mind over time on things.  

Point is a cheap Vet coming in new is not necessarily going to do anything better than Foles did and probably won't even be as good Mitch.   

• Like 1