Future QB Discussion

G08

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Point is a cheap Vet coming in new is not necessarily going to do anything better than Foles did and probably won't even be as good Mitch.   

Minshew would most likely be better than Mitch. Fitzmagic would have a good shot, too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Minshew would most likely be better than Mitch. Fitzmagic would have a good shot, too. 

Minshew would be interesting.

Fitz is inconsistent and not getting any younger. 

Not sure he is a big upgrade over Foles if you consider the bad O line that Foles had to play behind last year.    O line got better later in year.   During Foles games it was atrocious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Minshew would be interesting.

Fitz is inconsistent and not getting any younger. 

Not sure he is a big upgrade over Foles if you consider the bad O line that Foles had to play behind last year.    O line got better later in year.   During Foles games it was atrocious.

Yeah, Foles got a bad break, no doubt about that. But while my opinion of Foles hasn't changed all that much...I can't see any conceivable way that Pace and Nagy roll with Foles as Plan A. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up back in Philadelphia. 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, Foles got a bad break, no doubt about that. But while my opinion of Foles hasn't changed all that much...I can't see any conceivable way that Pace and Nagy roll with Foles as Plan A. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up back in Philadelphia. 

I think Foles is the cemented back up for 2021.   Whoever they bring in will be presumed starter.

7 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I still think we're gonna hear the Bears are going to sign Alex Smith sometime in the near future.  They'll end up drafting a QB also while trying to solidify the OL.  That's coming down as maybe their best option.

That all may happen, yeah. If they can get Jones though, he might be able to start right away. So if Smith does end up in Chicago, I doubt there's much guaranteed money involved. 

52 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I still think we're gonna hear the Bears are going to sign Alex Smith sometime in the near future.  They'll end up drafting a QB also while trying to solidify the OL.  That's coming down as maybe their best option.

Yup & TBH I've moved on from the Wilson hype train. It was never in the cards and we could quite possibly see reports come out that we were never really that close to a deal. It wouldn't surprise me if we were played like in the Wentz trade.

1 hour ago, GBHalas said:

Alex Smith move is career suicide for Pace/Nagy unless Alex basically plays for free.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

Alex Smith move is career suicide for Pace/Nagy unless Alex basically plays for free.

Right now I imagine Pace is offering his daughters kidney as part of package to Pete Carroll to get him to finally pull the trigger.

Whether it happens or not I am not sure.   Still put it at about 40% chance of happening.   

Less than 50/50, but far from unthinkable like it would have been some time ago.

40 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Somebody else had a Trubisky to Washington story, too. It'll probably happen--it almost makes too much sense for it not to. I don't know a lot about Washington's offense, so I haven't a clue as to whether it's a good fit for Mitch...

21 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Guess that’s not great news on the Wilson front.

If it’s even true. Only thing we know for sure about FA today is that we didn’t sign nor trade for anyone, which isn’t really a surprise but is disappointing nonetheless. Good news (I guess?) is, Seattle didn’t really do anything either.