Future QB Discussion

G08

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The arm isn't there. Everything has to be timing and touch.

Manning was a unique processor as well. Hard to project that to the NFL where everything is faster and more complex.

He's got a better arm than Mac Jones in the limited amount I've watched of each.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's got a better arm than Mac Jones in the limited amount I've watched of each.

I do not think so. I do not think you will find many that agree with that either.

Trask looks weird because he is this gigantic dude who just spins such a soft ball. I think that is why you do not see him getting much of any 1st round buzz anymore.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Guys that like to play around with the cap and understand how trades/cap hits affect teams a little bit more, this question is for you:

Wentz for Foles (obviously that's the base, there would likely be more involved). It seems that the eagles picked wentz over pederson, but hurts showed that things didn't seem to big for him. eagles have the 2nd worst cap situation - would getting rid of wentz solve some of that? i know the trade would affect that, but maybe chicago agrees to take on some of that money?

Eagles: Hurts, Foles, Sudfield

Bears: Wentz, draft pick, Bray

We move on from Mitch, Wentz is our starter and hopefully reverts back to his older self. His play in 2019 with the crap they surrounded him with was impressive, maybe he recaptures that. Eagles move forward with hurts, and receive their backup savior in BDN again - and save quite a bit of cap space between hurts/foles contract compared to wentz. 

If done before 6/1, the trade would be a net negative for their cap situation. If done after 6/1, they save money this season but roll a bunch of dead money into 2022.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

At this point go and get Watson. Fields/Wilson/Lance buys these two goons (3 if you include Ted) another 3 years. Maybe Nichols, Robinson (might be going overboard), two 1's and a 3 gets it done. Fix the f***ing problem already

Not even close. There is already the Dolphins rumor of 3, 18 and Tua for Watson, so thats basically 3 #1's.

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Guys that like to play around with the cap and understand how trades/cap hits affect teams a little bit more, this question is for you:

Wentz for Foles (obviously that's the base, there would likely be more involved). It seems that the eagles picked wentz over pederson, but hurts showed that things didn't seem to big for him. eagles have the 2nd worst cap situation - would getting rid of wentz solve some of that? i know the trade would affect that, but maybe chicago agrees to take on some of that money?

Eagles: Hurts, Foles, Sudfield

Bears: Wentz, draft pick, Bray

We move on from Mitch, Wentz is our starter and hopefully reverts back to his older self. His play in 2019 with the crap they surrounded him with was impressive, maybe he recaptures that. Eagles move forward with hurts, and receive their backup savior in BDN again - and save quite a bit of cap space between hurts/foles contract compared to wentz. 

I'm thinking Bears should offer Philly a 2 and maybe another mid round pick for Hurts. As you said it appears that Philly is going to move ahead with Wentz so they might as well get some value back for Hurts.

I wanted the Bears to take Hurts last year and I think he can start in this league.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

For one that's a rumor with no substance. I also didn't say JUST that. Did you miss the Nichols and Robinson part IN ADDITION to those 3 picks?

I didn't but I just don't think the Bears have what would be needed to make the move

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm thinking Bears should offer Philly a 2 and maybe another mid round pick for Hurts. As you said it appears that Philly is going to move ahead with Wentz so they might as well get some value back for Hurts.

I wanted the Bears to take Hurts last year and I think he can start in this league.

I'm thinking because of what Hurts showed and his contract status it will take more than that. Give them 2021 1st and 3rd plus a 22 3rd gets it done. I imagine other teams will be trying to get him as well

2 hours ago, howru8888 said:

I'm thinking because of what Hurts showed and his contract status it will take more than that. Give them 2021 1st and 3rd plus a 22 3rd gets it done. I imagine other teams will be trying to get him as well

That's way too much for a guy who only started 4 games...a 2nd and 4th maybe. Philly has to stick with Wentz unless some team trades for him..which is unlikely.

47 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's way too much for a guy who only started 4 games...a 2nd and 4th maybe. Philly has to stick with Wentz unless some team trades for him..which is unlikely.

Well, no they don't actually. If it's over, it's over. 

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For Hurts I would offer a 3rd and 2022 2nd that becomes a 1st if he meets certain bench marks.

They send us back Hurts and a 4.

Hurts plays well they get a 1-3 

They're not trading Hurts. 

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I get what you're saying but they don't have to trade him. He's making peanuts and showed definite potential at the most important spot in the game. We would have to overpay to make it worth their while and im sure other teams would be involved driving the price higher.