Future QB Discussion

G08

50 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We will flounder to an 8-8 record most likely. We lost 6 straight and still made it to the playoffs because someone else found a way to suck worse. 

The NFC isn't going to be as bad as it was this year. The Eagles will likely move on from Wentz. Dallas will retain Dak and get him back. The Niners are most likely going to get a real QB for Shanny on an already built team. 

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The NFC isn't going to be as bad as it was this year. The Eagles will likely move on from Wentz. Dallas will retain Dak and get him back. The Niners are most likely going to get a real QB for Shanny on an already built team. 

It appears that Philly may be keeping Wentz at this stage. Otherwise I agree. The NFC is loaded

Edited by beardown3231

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We will flounder to an 8-8 record most likely. We lost 6 straight and still made it to the playoffs because someone else found a way to suck worse. 

Losing 10+ games is pretty tough, especially when you're trying. Pace and Nagy will be fighting for their jobs. I think mediocrity is far more likely.

21 hours ago, BP42 said:

If the following are available and wouldn’t cost an absolute ton who would you take? 

1. Jimmy G.

2. Gardner

3. Sam Darnold

If I were the Bears, I would probably roll the dice with Darnold.  He probably has the highest upside of those three.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

If I were the Bears, I would probably roll the dice with Darnold.  He probably has the highest upside of those three.

this has generally been my thought as well. My belief is if the bears don't believe they can keep Arob here long term, or if they can't make the FT work with the cap - a trade centered around Darnold and Arob would be beneficial for both teams. NYJ get a #1 WR and can use the #2 pick to grab a QB1. Chicago gets a young QB and see how he does out of NY for a year or two, while using their first couple draft picks on OL and a new WR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Packers twice, Bucs, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals

8-8 would be a miracle

Having not really looked at the 2021 schedule this might work out well in the long run then. Maybe we can have Foles be the starter and really drop our record. Then start fresh in 2022. I'd be content enough with that, though the 2022 QB class still doesn't pop to me. Might be a 2 year flip to drop dead weight and bad contracts in 2022 and attack FA right after.

I have no issue with Pace's method of going for a championship. Got a QB young, got a dominant defender and stacked the defense. He added talent at skill positions too. Just has a bad eye for QB and too low a standard for OTs. Next guy might be able to get the QB right and that pattern of attacking the roster could be more successful.

Yikes that schedule. Also have Bengals who are likely ascending, perhaps Min and Det somehow win with new QB. Might be best for us overall. 

With regards to 2022 QB class being poor, it's the same as every year where the QB class is the best ever and also not very good, which is strange considering how strong the QB class is, at least in what is considered a weak QB group for 2022. 

Just now, Madmike90 said:

The more I think about the QB situation the more I don't want a rookie starter...just feel in a make or break season you need someone who has at least seen the speed of the game at this level...I really want Minshew because of upside + cost...but honestly I take a good vet with starting experience over any rookie right now...

On top of that if worst comes to the worst the next GM/HC gets to pick their guy long term...Nagy never did which clearly never worked out.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So do you not want a rookie starter in a make or break year or do you think Pace & Nagy don't?

Because as much as I love the Bears Minshew isn't winning them s*** next year. Plus I'm sick of this regime and if they go with Trask in round 2 + Foles, it essentially guarantees them a top 10 pick and everyone gets s***-canned thankfully