Future QB Discussion

G08

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is a 0% chance Nagy and Pace are thinking this way.

Minshew is not a job saver. He is a place holder and I am not sure they are guaranteed a place after 2021.

GOL-LY do I not get the Mania about this Minshew Man. I do appreciate his style, but I've watching a couple Jags games and the arrow is not up for him. 

If the Bears go with a Carr level QB next season, and give up anythign to do it, Pace is doomed. This team is not one average QB away from contention, frankly they're "The Bears 2021 draft was one for the ages, getting a sterling young QB, talented starting right tackle, as well as a steal of a WR in round three, plus all that quality depth" away from saving their jobs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

So do you not want a rookie starter in a make or break year or do you think Pace & Nagy don't?

Because as much as I love the Bears Minshew isn't winning them s*** next year. Plus I'm sick of this regime and if they go with Trask in round 2 + Foles, it essentially guarantees them a top 10 pick and everyone gets s***-canned thankfully

Probably both...would you trust a guy who has never took a snap of NFL football with your job? I probably wouldn't if I could find someone good with experience.

And if we did take Trask (highly doubt he makes it to our pick in round two) then a new GM/HC would probably be asked to work with him...not then turn round and use a top 10 pick on another QB...which will instantly put some GM/HC candidates off.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is a 0% chance Nagy and Pace are thinking this way.

Minshew is not a job saver. He is a place holder and I am not sure they are guaranteed a place after 2021.

I'm just not sure a rookie QB is the answer either tho...maybe it's not Minshew...let's say it is Darnold...would you trust a rookie QB picked at #20 like Jones or Trask over Darnold at this point?

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Probably both...would you trust a guy who has never took a snap of NFL football with your job? I probably wouldn't if I could find someone good with experience.

And if we did take Trask (highly doubt he makes it to our pick in round two) then a new GM/HC would probably be asked to work with him...not then turn round and use a top 10 pick on another QB...which will instantly put some GM/HC candidates off.

I don't think so. If a new regime comes in they aren't going to let Kyle Trask prevent them from using a top 10 pick on a QB unless he blows their balls off

I'm just not sure a rookie QB is the answer either tho...maybe it's not Minshew...let's say it is Darnold...would you trust a rookie QB picked at #20 like Jones or Trask over Darnold at this point?

The Jets are keeping Darnold unless they get Watson, and even then Darnold would be going back to Houston in the trade I'd assume

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

GOL-LY do I not get the Mania about this Minshew Man. I do appreciate his style, but I've watching a couple Jags games and the arrow is not up for him. 

If the Bears go with a Carr level QB next season, and give up anythign to do it, Pace is doomed. This team is not one average QB away from contention, frankly they're "The Bears 2021 draft was one for the ages, getting a sterling young QB, talented starting right tackle, as well as a steal of a WR in round three, plus all that quality depth" away from saving their jobs. 

What more could you ask for in a quarterback?  xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

QB 1 - 62.86% career completion percentage - 6.9 YPA - 33.5% of throws go for 1st downs - 93.1 QBR

QB 2 - 59.8% career completion percentage - 6.6 YPA - 31.67% of throws go for 1st downs - 78.6 QBR

QB 3 - 64.44% career completion percentage - 7 YPA - 33.45% of throws go for 1st downs - 92.1 QBR

QB 4 - 61.95% career completion percentage - 7.1 YPA - 34.44% of throws go for 1st downs - 85.3 QBR

So those QBs in order are Minshew, Darnold, Carr & Jay Cutler...if you offer me Minshew for 4th round value or Darnold for 2nd round value there is only one logical pick to make there...Minshew has done a lot with not a lot in Jacksonville and if you can give him a LT & a WR/TE here I think he can be very productive for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

If the Jets get Fields at #2 I would think they would move Darnold.

I'll be shocked if Fields ends up being the #2 QB this draft.... If the jets screw this up, I'm on the phone trying to go up and get Wilson. You can't fix a slow processor.

Just now, Epyon said:

I'll be shocked if Fields ends up being the #2 QB this draft.... If the jets screw this up, I'm on the phone trying to go up and get Wilson. You can't fix a slow processor.

I reckon Wilson's interview and injury history keep him behind Lawrence & Fields...I do 100% agree tho that I like Wilson more.

I wouldn’t trust any of them. I think picking a QB at 20 is the worst value in the draft.

But a rookie QB who shows any flashes of being good buys them more time than a 9-7 season and still no future at QB.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That is exactly why you needed to fire them.

The minute they kept their jobs you were green lighting a move at QB and more years.

They aren’t going to play it safe. They have 0 incentive to.

• Like 1