Future QB Discussion

G08

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The only way Pace isn't selling the farm is if he cannot find a buyer.

The sign is up.

There is nothing keeping Nagy and Pace from going scorched earth.

You don't know that.   That is what they say publicly.   I wouldn't be shocked at all if Pace is under orders to have any large trade approved given short term status of his contract.  

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Carr isn't 2nd tier. He is costing you a 1st round pick.

You think Carr is a top tier QB?   I don't.  A middling QB in league, you know his ceiling and he doesn't make you contender unless he has an all star team around him.   

2nd rounder is most I can see him getting.   Giving a first for him at this point would be foolish.

He is clearly below Watson and Stafford IMO.

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Prescott and Garoppolo may also become available. There are plenty of ways for Pace to make a splash move for a QB.

Prescott is interesting.  Great numbers, but coming off bad injury and wants top QB money.

I don't want him, but how teams see his value is interesting to me.  Very divisive opinions on him.

Not sure why we would want Garoppolo if SF can't wait to be rid of him.  Same with LV and Carr.  Or LA with Goff.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Prescott is interesting.  Great numbers, but coming off bad injury and wants top QB money.

I don't want him, but how teams see his value is interesting to me.  Very divisive opinions on him.

Not sure why we would want Garoppolo if SF can't wait to be rid of him.  Same with LV and Carr.  Or LA with Goff.  

Detriot just wants to rebuild from ground up so I can see why they want to dump Stafford.  

LV, LA and SF just don't like their QB.

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You think Carr is a top tier QB?   I don't.  A middling QB in league, you know his ceiling and he doesn't make you contender unless he has an all star team around him.   

2nd rounder is most I can see him getting.   Giving a first for him at this point would be foolish.

He is clearly below Watson and Stafford IMO.

70% 4000 yards 27 TDs 9 INT

That isn't middling. He is on a bad team.

Below Watson and  Stafford, but those guys are going for multiple picks.

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not far off from Minshew numbers and he has had way more talent around him than Minshew.   He had good O line, good TEs, good RB and a speedy rookie WR.   

Minshew played with expansion team roster talent.  He had nothing.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Prescott and Garoppolo may also become available. There are plenty of ways for Pace to make a splash move for a QB.

Garoppolo would be far from a "splash".

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Carr is better than Stafford. But we're getting into the briar patch if we debate that at length. 

3 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

I can see Mitch doing well in that style of offense.

I can't see Mitch doing "well", regardless of where he goes.

Could he potentially string a few good games together, here and there? Sure. 

Not the same as "doing well". 

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Carr is on a better team right now..at least offensively then he would be  on a team like Bears.

Vegas has better OL

Vegas has better RBs

Vegas has better TEs

WR is probably a slight edge to Bears but that about it...

Carr is a middling QB. Always has been always will be. 

That's not to say he wouldn't be an upgrade here over what we have but I don't think he's ever taking us very far because he lacks elite qualities 

Something is just lacking from his game that I can't quite pinpoint...you know the good old "it" factor

Edited by topwop1

7 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I know people are down on him, but he's a lot better than Mitch, Minshew, etc. when he's healthy.

Better yes...a lot better though... that's a bit of a stretch.. he will also cost a lot more than those guys but that being said I wouldn't mind Jimmy as a placeholder for a year or two. He's good enough to get a team to the playoffs and clearly a SB but he may never be that big game QB that wins it all.

49ers should have won the SB last year if not for him completely ****ting himself in the 2nd half of that game. It was his for the taking and he blew it. I also partly blame Shanahan for that but Jimmy didn't make the big play when it was needed