Future QB Discussion

G08

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

For sure. It would likely have to be very similar to what Rams gave up to Titans to move up 15 spots for Goff in 2016.

Two 1sts (2021, 2022)

Two 2nds (2021, 2022)

One 3rd (2022)

Would you guys be willing to part with a package like that for Fields or Wilson or would you rather play it more safe and see if Mac Jones or Trey Lance fall?

At this point get me the best QB possible. I do not care what it costs.

We are at the point where either the QB hits or we rebuild.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

If Bears are willing to give up a package like that for a QB might as well see if Texans will bite at that for Watson and if they say no well then they probably shouldn't push any further because that is a lot to give up for a QB considering the team would realistically need to limit the amount if future picks they give up in order to surround any QB they'd get with a good supporting cast.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Bears are willing to give up a package like that for a QB might as well see if Texans will bite at that for Watson and if they say no well then they probably shouldn't push any further because that is a lot to give up for a QB considering the team would realistically need to limit the amount if future picks they give up in order to surround any QB they'd get with a good supporting cast.

I just think we are at the point where we hit on a QB or things get blown all the way up. If that is their read then we could see a massive move up for a QB they are more confident in.

Figure out the rest once the QB is secured.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

For sure. It would likely have to be very similar to what Rams gave up to Titans to move up 15 spots for Goff in 2016.

Two 1sts (2021, 2022)

Two 2nds (2021, 2022)

One 3rd (2022)

Would you guys be willing to part with a package like that for Fields or Wilson or would you rather play it more safe and see if Mac Jones or Trey Lance fall?

There's also that nasty issue that the team trading down has to be willing to move that far.  Would the Dolphins or Falcons be interested in moving that far?

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If the only thing we were missing was a QB, sure. But the supporting cast we have now is essentially all we could give him if we gave up everything for him and that isn’t going to win us games. We aren’t in a position to be giving away essential pieces for anyone. 

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If the only thing we were missing was a QB, sure. But the supporting cast we have now is essentially all we could give him if we gave up everything for him and that isn’t going to win us games. We aren’t in a position to be giving away essential pieces for anyone. 

That is not thinking like a regime that will be fired if Nick Foles starts an entire season.

If Pace hits on the QB his job is safe way past 2021, and he can figure the rest out later.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's also that nasty issue that the team trading down has to be willing to move that far.  Would the Dolphins or Falcons be interested in moving that far?

That is where I think they will get hung up.

Why I think it is more likely that they end up in the 9-11 range.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is not thinking like a regime that will be fired if Nick Foles starts an entire season.

If Pace hits on the QB his job is safe way past 2021, and he can figure the rest out later.

The offensive line is mediocre. Allen Robinson is gone, we now don’t have firsts or seconds or thirds thanks to our trade up for this magic QB, so effectively our top receivers are Anthony Miller and Darnell Mooney, Jimmy Graham is a year closer to the grave and less effective than this year. Kmet has shown nothing. We don’t have money for a skilled replacement receiver.  If the QB does hit, how does he grow without an offense and with all of Chicagoland hounding him for not winning a super bowl with Miller as his best target in his first year? There is no team in the NFL more toxic to a qb’s growth than Chicago. 

Some teams draft their QB and then build around him and are successful with it, but Chicago doesn’t have that luxury. 

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The offensive line is mediocre. Allen Robinson is gone, we now don’t have firsts or seconds or thirds thanks to our trade up for this magic QB, so effectively our top receivers are Anthony Miller and Darnell Mooney, Jimmy Graham is a year closer to the grave and less effective than this year. Kmet has shown nothing. We don’t have money for a skilled replacement receiver.  If the QB does hit, how does he grow without an offense and with all of Chicagoland hounding him for not winning a super bowl with Miller as his best target in his first year? There is no team in the NFL more toxic to a qb’s growth than Chicago. 

Some teams draft their QB and then build around him and are successful with it, but Chicago doesn’t have that luxury. 

If Robinson is gone you can sign OLmen. If Robinson is here your WR core is okay.

They will spend money to fix issues. They will borrow it from future years.

The owner only talked about 1 position at the end of the year and you nest believe they are getting that position fixed.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's anyone's guess but if Atlanta doesn't have a shot at Sewell then yes I can very well see them trading down due to their cap situation and need to add as much cheap talent as they can.

The way I see it is that if they're going to keep the band together with Ryan and Julio then they might as well add as much talent as they can around them from this draft.. and if they decide to rebuild next year then they may just have another top-10 pick or two.

Edited by topwop1

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Robinson is gone you can sign OLmen. If Robinson is here your WR core is okay.

They will spend money to fix issues. They will borrow it from future years.

The owner only talked about 1 position at the end of the year and you nest believe they are getting that position fixed.

They will try tho it doesn't mean they will get it fixed lol

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Are you dropping Prescott because of his injury? I would think he has more potential than Rivers.

Not really concerned about the injury but more so because I don't think too highly of him as a player in general. Especially at his price. The man had an elite OL, elite RB, some elite/very good WR corps, an elite TE.....and he still looked average and inconsistent.  He is like Jay Cutler with wheels. One game he will make you think he has top-10 potential but then come out the next and make you question whether he should even be starting. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I agree we should have a solid foundation for the new QB to step into in order for him to have the best possible chance of succeeding, but I also think your selling the offense way short here. 

Monty is a solid back and took a big step forward this year, despite the chaos. Cohen is a good scat back, Patterson is a gadget. Draft an all-purpose back with big play ability in the mid-round to complement Monty and that's a really nice, versatile, RBBC to build around.  4 pass catchers, 2 downhill short-yardage backs, one inside blocker, one outside blocker, and 2 explosive backs who can make plays in space.  

Of course loosing Arob hurts but Mooney is a budding star in the making, Miller has potential but keeps getting in his own way (albeit not sure he ever gets there). And Kmet did nothing? Cmon man lol. Do better. The tight end position takes time.  He came on strong later in the year and had the best season in his class. Say what you want about Graham but he was well worth it this year as a reliable target in the end zone and for helping Kmet. 

LT:  Leno  [draft pick]
LG:  Whitehair/Daniels
C:  Mustipher/Whitehair/Bars
RG:  Daniels/Whitehair/Idefi
RT:  Idefi/Massie

^^That's not a mediocre line if healthy.  Leno needs to be replaced and every team needs depth, but overall I would happy with that starting lineup next year. Credit to Castillo for what he was able to do.

Get a OT this year in the 1st/2nd and then draft another next year to play RT. Find some cheap depth in FA like they did with Idefi. 

• Like 1