Future QB Discussion

G08

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Watkins has been disappointing ever since leaving Buffalo but he has talent and would likely be cheap.

Out of all those guys Will Fuller would be my choice but will probably be out of our price range

Would be fine with Agholor too if we end up with Wentz

I am also intrigued by Samuel and Westbrook

If theh get Wentz though I think they'll try and convince or find a way to keep ARob

Unfortunately, we are taking on a ton of salary in the Wentz deal. He's gonna have to take a huge pay cut.

2021 Cap hits:

Wentz: 34.7M

Cohen: 3.25M -- (loss of 2M cap space if traded)

Foles: 6.66M (gain of 850k if traded)

Robinson is gone.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I don't see Robinson coming back if we do make a move for Wentz.

1. Mooney

2. Agholor

3. Miller/Ridley/Rookie

TE - Kmet

Jeffery/Ertz/Agholor were his top three targets his "MVP" season.

I think the opposite and that they will find a way to sign him long-term and make his 2021 cap hit minimal.

Can't trade for Wentz and then have zero weapons at WR besides Mooney while also needing to add OL with whatever draft picks they have left...

1 minute ago, Orange&Blue said:

Yeah I don't think much of Miller. That said, Cohen may not have a knee, so might be similar. 

I don't think it'll be Cohen for that reason along with that he recently signed a contract extension with Bears and Eagles are in a very bad cap spot right now...they need as many cheap assets as possible 

17 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wentz will be 30 the end of next year. I like it even less the more I look into it.

Come on, Colts, have some #conviction

He will 29 when this season ends. Who cares how old he is? He's extremely arrogant and he has lost his confidence. He also may stink unless his OL and weapons are good and *checks notes* those 2 things suck here too. Last thing I'm worried about is his age

31 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Watkins has been disappointing ever since leaving Buffalo but he has talent and would likely be cheap.

Out of all those guys Will Fuller would be my choice but will probably be out of our price range

Would be fine with Agholor too if we end up with Wentz

I am also intrigued by Samuel and Westbrook

If they get Wentz though I think they'll try and convince or find a way to keep ARob then use a mid to late round pick to add some more speed besides Mooney

Both would be YAC guys that are there for short high percentage catches and would soften the blow if Cohen is dealt as well.

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Miller/Cohen + Foles + #20? 

I could handle that quite well actually. If he sucks then you keep your high 1st for next year, if he does well you get a QB with some talent that MAY get back on track. Either way he takes over the spot the 20 pick should be - QB. Sucks that he is overpaid so much but that also means Pace can't over-extend too much long-term. So if 2021 is a flop then there is plenty of cap space that can be made as cuts occur.

I wouldn't make the deal but much better than trading future assets.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Both would be YAC guys that are there for short high percentage catches and would soften the blow if Cohen is dealt as well.

I could handle that quite well actually. If he sucks then you keep your high 1st for next year, if he does well you get a QB with some talent that MAY get back on track. Either way he takes over the spot the 20 pick should be - QB. Sucks that he is overpaid so much but that also means Pace can't over-extend too much long-term. So if 2021 is a flop then there is plenty of cap space that can be made as cuts occur.

If the silver lining is that we might suck bad enough that it won't hurt us next year, it might be a bad trade...

I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do with his contract, but there's a high likelihood that Wentz will prevent us from making meaningful improvements to the roster in free agency.

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't make the deal but much better than trading future assets.

Keep in mind that his salary for 2022 is fully guaranteed (well, at least for right now). So if he sucks in 2021, you're stuck with him in 2022 most likely