Future QB Discussion

G08

If is was Wentz for our 1st, Foles & Cohen that is a win for us IMO...we clearly don't want Foles on the roster and it clears his cap hit...Cohen is a gadget guy who basically gives away the play when he is on the field...out of reach of the top QB prospects I wouldn't be mad landing Wentz at that...only bad thing is it locks is in to taking the best OT in the 2nd round of the draft.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If is was Wentz for our 1st, Foles & Cohen that is a win for us IMO...we clearly don't want Foles on the roster and it clears his cap hit...Cohen is a gadget guy who basically gives away the play when he is on the field...out of reach of the top QB prospects I wouldn't be mad landing Wentz at that...only bad thing is it locks is in to taking the best OT in the 2nd round of the draft.

You never know. If a CB prospect falls...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I disagree with this.  While it's true that Watson is a sure bet, I think Trevor is a darn good bet, in spite of not being a sure thing at this point.  In addition to that, you would be getting Trevor on a rookie contract for the next five years, versus paying a huge contract to Watson.

Another big reason that nobody ever talks about is that the Texans are a division rival of the Jaguars.  They are in a position where they have a great QB and it looks like they will have to ship him out.  Just about anything they do is going to be a down grade for them.  If you are the Jaguars, why would you help them out of a jam by taking their malcontent QB off their hands AND THEN giving them a replacement with a rookie contract who could very well end up being just as good?  If you are the Jags, you just sit back and smile as your division rival destroys themselves.  Then you are the lone team in the division with an elite QB.

Totally forgot about this.. yep that trade will never happen. The Jet's or Miami look like the ideal destination. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree, I thought the Cohen contract really didn't make much sense for how limited his reps are in the scheme. He's explosive for sure, but he is isn't an elite burner and he keeps running out of bounds. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, G08 said:

Does anyone have a preference over the first round pick traded? 

or

2022 first round pick 

They need the talent this season so I think they prefer the 2022 1st.

I don’t think we will be picking higher in 2022 unless we start Foles, so I am ambivalent.

Obviously we have no idea what the compensation looks like or how close this is to happening, but I feel a lot of dread at what the idiot Bears will be willing to give up to get a better QB, both in terms of the trade and what the contract will do to their finances going forward. 

Once again, the Bears are going to have to rely on unlikely things happening in order to be good, and that's a crap way to run a team.  Assuming we get Wentz, we then have to hope he's healthy, motivated, and good again, all three of which are loaded with problems, then we have to assume that the remaining draft picks hit and give us starters. 

The team would literally be better off if everyone over just decides to retire, and they suck this year and can start over next.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Does anyone have a preference over the first round pick traded? 

or

2022 first round pick 

If you can give up the 2022 pick you 100% need to do it...that defences window isn't going to last forever...build to win now if you bring in Wentz...if we keep the 2020 picks then OT in the 1st then OT/TE in the 2nd.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Bears are going to have to rely on unlikely things happening in order to be good

For sake of argument, the last time Carson Wentz was in this scheme with John DeFilippo as his QB coach, he was an MVP candidate.

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

If you can give up the 2022 pick you 100% need to do it...that defences window isn't going to last forever...build to win now if you bring in Wentz...if we keep the 2020 picks then OT in the 1st then OT/TE in the 2nd.

TE? I'd have to go WR there.