Future QB Discussion

G08

42 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30853025/sources-multiple-teams-reached-new-york-jets-sam-darnold

The Bears may not be locked in on Wentz. Darnold might be the better acquisition...depending on the price. 

Give me Wentz over Darnold.

Darnold has a career 45:39 TD:INT rate.

He averages 13 picks a year.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Reich was the guy who helped Wentz then, not Flip

Maybe. Research I've been doing points to Flip being "up his butt" as the 'bad cop' in a good cop/bad cop coaching relationship. Some say Wentz needs that, if he's coddled his performance deteriorates.

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Give me Wentz over Darnold.

Darnold has a career 45:39 TD:INT rate.

He averages 13 picks a year.

I dunno. If you can get Darnold for a second this year, and a fourth next year? Darnold is also only 23, and has been stuck on a bad and rebuilding team. Like Wentz, he's been hurt a lot, but I wouldn't call him "injury prone" just yet. Wentz may very well be injury prone. 

Edited by Heinz D.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Does anyone have a preference over the first round pick traded? 

or

2022 first round pick 

Send them 20 if I get to choose. 

I don't expect to see Nagy pacing Chicago's sidelines in 2022. I don't want to limit what will hopefully be a better coach, plus it's likely a jump forward in the draft order.  

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Maybe. Research I've been doing points to Flip being "up his butt" as the 'bad cop' in a good cop/bad cop coaching relationship. Some say Wentz needs that, if he's coddled his performance deteriorates.

We're need the good cop then.  Right now we have bad cop/ dumb*** cop.  

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I dunno. If you can get Darnold for a second this year, and a fourth next year? Darnold is also only 23, and has been stuck on a bad and rebuilding team. Like Wentz, he's been hurt a lot, but I wouldn't call him "injury prone" just yet. Wentz may very well be injury prone. 

Darnold has averaged 15 TDs and 13 INTs a season. I don’t care how bad the situation is that is horrific.

Can people please get off of Darnold.  At this point a 3rd round pick is an overpay.  Darnold is a bad QB.  Hes has never looked better than Trubisky, if you dont like Mitch, who protects the ball and WINS, why would you want a worse QB, who has no concept of ball security, loses 2/3 of his starts, and give up resources to do it.

Not the biggest fan of a Wentz trade.  If it's a 1 and future 3 I can live with it, I guess.  But I wouldnt want to take away from future 1s.  This staff gets one more bite of the apple, if the deal is made, they have to win a playoff game to stay IMO

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch has never shown anywhere near the ceiling Wentz has. 

Mitch struggles to go 2:1 TD: INT Wentz has a season of 5:1 and 4:1.

Not disagreeing with your take Windy, but saying Mitch struggles to go 2:1 is disingenuous at best.  Hes basically been 2:1 every year but his rookie year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Can people please get off of Darnold.  At this point a 3rd round pick is an overpay.  Darnold is a bad QB.  Hes has never looked better than Trubisky, if you dont like Mitch, who protects the ball and WINS, why would you want a worse QB, who has no concept of ball security, loses 2/3 of his starts, and give up resources to do it.

Not the biggest fan of a Wentz trade.  If it's a 1 and future 3 I can live with it, I guess.  But I wouldnt want to take away from future 1s.  This staff gets one more bite of the apple, if the deal is made, they have to win a playoff game to stay IMO

Some nice cherry picking and whitewashing going on here per usual. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not disagreeing with your take Windy, but saying Mitch struggles to go 2:1 is disingenuous at best.  Hes basically been 2:1 every year but his rookie year.

He isn't 2:1 therefore he hasn't "basically been 2:1 every year" and therefore he struggles to even be 2:1