Future QB Discussion

G08

44 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He isn't 2:1 therefore he hasn't "basically been 2:1 every year" and therefore he struggles to even be 2:1

24-12, 18-10, 16-7 is not struggling to 2:1.  Its 2:1.  Struggling to 2:1 is not getting there.  And really not being all that close.  Its semantics which is why I said disingenuous.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

24-12, 18-10, 16-7 is not struggling to 2:1.  Its 2:1.  Struggling to 2:1 is not getting there.  And really not being all that close.  Its semantics which is why I said disingenuous.  

So you don't think he's struggling to get 2:1? You believe he's crushing it on his way to 2:1? 

"Struggling to 2:1" is admitting he gets there (almost, because he doesn't). It's just that he's *almost* a perfect 2:1 and so that means he is not quite 2:1. It's not like he's not struggling to be 2:1. He struggles every single snap

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Can people please get off of Darnold.  At this point a 3rd round pick is an overpay.  Darnold is a bad QB.  Hes has never looked better than Trubisky, if you dont like Mitch, who protects the ball and WINS, why would you want a worse QB, who has no concept of ball security, loses 2/3 of his starts, and give up resources to do it.

As I said, Darnold is only 23. I'd argue that we don't actually know what he is, good or bad, quite yet. I'd also argue that he's shown flashes that indicate he could be a much better passer than Mitch. We do know what Mitch is, and that's a Jekyll and Hyde quarterback. I don't think that you would make a move for Darnold and assume he's the answer though, and I've said as much before. You'd need a plan B, for sure. 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not the biggest fan of a Wentz trade.  If it's a 1 and future 3 I can live with it, I guess.  But I wouldnt want to take away from future 1s.  This staff gets one more bite of the apple, if the deal is made, they have to win a playoff game to stay IMO

A potential Wentz trade gives me the willies as well. He may be broken, and injury prone. Oh, and there's a lot of evidence out there that he's an ******* on top of all that. If they end up doing the trade, it would be awfully nice if no first round picks were involved. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What are the chances Ryan Pace AND Matt Nagy spoke to their #2 RB on an offseason Saturday at 9:15 pm regarding trade rumors? 3%? Less?

I would agree if it wasn’t coming from horses mouth.  Why would Cohen blatantly lie?  What would point be? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Can people please get off of Darnold.  At this point a 3rd round pick is an overpay.  Darnold is a bad QB.  Hes has never looked better than Trubisky, if you dont like Mitch, who protects the ball and WINS, why would you want a worse QB, who has no concept of ball security, loses 2/3 of his starts, and give up resources to do it.

Not the biggest fan of a Wentz trade.  If it's a 1 and future 3 I can live with it, I guess.  But I wouldnt want to take away from future 1s.  This staff gets one more bite of the apple, if the deal is made, they have to win a playoff game to stay IMO

Because Darnold is 23 yrs old and played for worst roster in league throughout his young career under management, ownership and coaching that makes Bears look amazing in comparison.  

He is still a relative unknown that could be a lottery ticket, but like a lottery ticket it is long odds.       

Wentz outlier season is his good one.  Similiar story to Cam Newton.  He has regressed from his rookie season and is 28 years old and wasn’t even better than MT last year playing in worst division in league.

On top of that he he is paid as a top QB and costs high resources to trade for.

I’ll take MT back over either because he costs the least and get a QB later, but given choice between Wentz and Darnold, give me Darnold.

Trying to find a high cost solution this year will just set you back in long run whilst still not making you a contender in short run.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Because Darnold is 23 yrs old and played for worst roster in league throughout his young career under management, ownership and coaching that makes Bears look amazing in comparison.  

He is still a relative unknown that could be a lottery ticket, but like a lottery ticket it is long odds.       

Wentz outlier season is his good one.  Similiar story to Cam Newton.  He has regressed from his rookie season and is 28 years old and wasn’t even better than MT last year playing in worst division in league.

On top of that he he is paid as a top QB and costs high resources to trade for.

I’ll take MT back over either because he costs the least and get a QB later, but given choice between Wentz and Darnold, give me Darnold.

Trying to find a high cost solution this year will just set you back in long run whilst still not making you a contender in short run.  

Exactly, these guys are all risky, so are drafted QBs, but we're in a spot where we have to buy more than one of those lottery tickets, and unforunately we're the bum digging change out of the gutter to try and buy em.  

I honestly thought some of the ardor for firing Pace and NAgy was hyperbolic, but we are seeing the handcuffs that keeping them has put on this franchise in real time. Either we get REALLY lucky or this is a lost year before it starts. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Reich was the guy who helped Wentz then, not Flip

Reich was the OC and Flip was his QB coach...so they likely both had a hand in his development

Though if have to guess that Flip would have likely worked more with Wentz on a daily basis due to his job description

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Reich was the OC and Flip was his QB coach...so they likely both had a hand in his development

Though if have to guess that Flip would have likely worked more with Wentz on a daily basis due to his job description

My point was from all reports it sounds like Wentz absolutely loved Reich, so I'm saying that if Wentz had a preference it would be Reich

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

My point was from all reports it sounds like Wentz absolutely loved Reich, so I'm saying that if Wentz had a preference it would be Reich

He loved DeFilippo as well. They aren't mutually exclusive.