Future QB Discussion

G08

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is the fear with Wentz. Now a ton went wrong in 2020 to add to his struggles.

That being said it is not like he is walking into a loaded Offense.

You wouldnt call it loaded, but its NFL caliber and it's up to the coaches to put them in the best position to succeed.  ARob would be the best WR Wentz would ever play with, Mooney can be a younger DJax, Kmet is a lot like Ertz.  Believe it or not the Bears OL once the settled in on the 5 was better than the Eagles.   That's why my focus is on taking care of the OL first.  I would pencil in Mustipher, Whitehair, Daniels.  Draft an OT to compete w/ Leno this year.  Resign Ifedi, Bars.  

21 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You wouldnt call it loaded, but its NFL caliber and it's up to the coaches to put them in the best position to succeed.  ARob would be the best WR Wentz would ever play with, Mooney can be a younger DJax, Kmet is a lot like Ertz.  Believe it or not the Bears OL once the settled in on the 5 was better than the Eagles.   That's why my focus is on taking care of the OL first.  I would pencil in Mustipher, Whitehair, Daniels.  Draft an OT to compete w/ Leno this year.  Resign Ifedi, Bars.  

The OL was better than the Eagles backups to the backups.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Idk, seems like a ton of wishful projection (not saying you're claiming anything, just with the player comps). Agree with ARob but Mooney and Kmet are the discount versions of DJax (one of the best deep threats in NFL history) and Ertz (who has been dominant at times). When all was settled and we had that winning streak we were playing some really bad defenses too. 

If we look at the OL in 2019 for PHI for example we get smoked at every position but LG and it isnt even close. 

I've said the same steps you mentioned but it still leaves a pretty uninspiring OL. 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They have a gun to their head and their options are Carson Wentz or mystery box in the draft.

Agreed. They *have* to do something, and they *have* to maximize return in 2021.

That won't be a rookie QB and, if they have their druthers, it won't cost draft capital in 2021.

Curious AF to see what happens, if this is locked in I'd expect an announcement sometime this week (Tues?)

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yup. If we get Wentz, and you want to maximize his talents, you better protect him. Leno doesn't have enough sand in his *** and Massie I think is done here.

If Pace trades this year's 1st for Wentz then I really hope he finagles a pick back from the Eagles.  There was talk about a 2nd round pick potentially coming back but that could be total bs...if Pace manged to get that tho it would make the deal that much more palatable and then they could hypothetically use two 2nds to address the OL and WR

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If Pace trades this year's 1st for Wentz then I really hope he finagles a pick back from the Eagles.  There was talk about a 2nd round pick potentially coming back but that could be total bs...if Pace manged to get that tho it would make the deal that much more palatable and then they could hypothetically use two 2nds to address the OL and WR

Here are the facts:

Wentz is a generational talent 

His arrow is pointing down as he is coming off his worst season in the NFL 

He's experienced in our offense and gives Pace/Nagy their best chance at immediate success 

His injury history is valid and concerning 

He had an MVP-type season with John DeFilippo as his hardass QB coach

He may be a diva but by most accounts not a cancer or horrible teammate (need to dig more here) 

Other teams will be interested in Wentz, but we will overpay out of desperation