Future QB Discussion

G08

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I find it funny that Eagles are asking for a Stafford like package for Wentz when everyone knows they are trying to deal him and considering he is closer to Goff than he is to Stafford

They must be shooting high so that they can negotiate down and still get a first round pick. I guess? But if their price is so high it causes the other GMs to burst into laughter and hang up the phone...they're probably doing it wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There's a story floating around that Gruden and Mayock really, really want Watson, and are going to trade Carr to acquire the extra assets needed to do that. 

I'd take Carr over BOTH Wentz and Darnold...

I think Carr may be better, but Wentz at his best is better and Darnold I think is most talented of the three and obviously at 23 still has upside and unrealized potential.

But like saying goes, potential gets you fired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Carr may be better, but Wentz at his best is better and Darnold I think is most talented of the three and obviously at 23 still has upside and unrealized potential.

But like saying goes, potential gets you fired.

Dl, we are never going to agree about Darnold, but you cant be serious about the bold.  Darnold has NO + talents.  Wentz is clearly the most talented of the 3 and Carr is #2.  Cmon man.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dl, we are never going to agree about Darnold, but you cant be serious about the bold.  Darnold has NO + talents.  Wentz is clearly the most talented of the 3 and Carr is #2.  Cmon man.

He is big, fast and has a + arm.   If he wasn't a plus talent, he wouldn't have been a top recruit, a starter at USC as a baby and a consensus top 10 pick.

You can make a good case for Wentz being more physically talented and I think Wentz is smartest of 3, but he just isn't playing well into his prime for whatever reason.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...it depends on how you look at it. Darnold would probably be cheaper. Either guy is a gamble. With Wentz you'd be having to go all in, though. 

I’m not convinced Darnold would be significantly cheaper to obtain. With Darnold you’re probably picking up his 2022 option with any trade too (~$25M), though his 2021 cap hit will obviously be lower. 

50 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They must be shooting high so that they can negotiate down and still get a first round pick. I guess? But if their price is so high it causes the other GMs to burst into laughter and hang up the phone...they're probably doing it wrong. 

DET apparently asked for Aaron Donald at first in return for Stafford. Never get anything without asking I guess... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Carr is like a guaranteed 4000 yards and 25+ TDs.

Hard to not put a premium on that type of consistency.

Guaranteed to be average with a good Oline and 3 valid weapons.   Put him on 2020 Eagles and maybe he isn't so hot.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

And yet many Bears fans are willing to pay what they were asking.  Because they want a QB.

Then when they get him it will be all torches and pitch forks.  

I'm gathering as much information as I can about him via articles and podcasts... sounds like a bit of a hard-headed dbag.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would still prefer to make a bat **** crazy trade up for Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

If the move is one that’s requiring 2 1s or more then it’s gotta be for that IMO (assuming we can’t get Watson). I’m still skeptical that Pace and/or Nagy are in a position to pin hopes on a rookie though. Maybe they think that buys them more flexibility post-2021. If that’s the move they HAVE to play the rookie from jump though, whether they’re ready day 1 or not, which is probably less than ideal. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If the move is one that’s requiring 2 1s or more then it’s gotta be for that IMO (assuming we can’t get Watson). I’m still skeptical that Pace and/or Nagy are in a position to pin hopes on a rookie though. Maybe they think that buys them more flexibility post-2021. If that’s the move they HAVE to play the rookie from jump though, whether they’re ready day 1 or not, which is probably less than ideal. 

They might not have an option if the veterans do not work out.

If we are going to Chernobyl the franchise lets do it with a rookie that might be a star.