Future QB Discussion

G08

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He is big, fast and has a + arm.   If he wasn't a plus talent, he wouldn't have been a top recruit, a starter at USC as a baby and a consensus top 10 pick.

You can make a good case for Wentz being more physically talented and I think Wentz is smartest of 3, but he just isn't playing well into his prime for whatever reason.   

Oh good God, Wentz is bigger, faster, and has a MUCH stronger arm.  Darnold is NFL avg height/weight, nfl avg athlete (4.85 40) and has an NFL avg arm.  Josh Allen was a 0 star recruit, who was 6'1" 180 lbs when he entered college.  Recruiting does not matter in talent for QBs.  Wentz is a ++ on all 3 of those categories.  Seriously I dont get your fascination with a guy who has been not good his entire career.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Oh good God, Wentz is bigger, faster, and has a MUCH stronger arm.  Darnold is NFL avg height/weight, nfl avg athlete (4.85 40) and has an NFL avg arm.  Josh Allen was a 0 star recruit, who was 6'1" 180 lbs when he entered college.  Recruiting does not matter in talent for QBs.  Wentz is a ++ on all 3 of those categories.  Seriously I dont get your fascination with a guy who has been not good his entire career.

It is that 1:1 TD:INT ratio.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is that 1:1 TD:INT ratio.

I mean he was careless w/ the football at USC, hes been careless w/ the football in the pros.  It's like DL cant get past the view that so many had him as the top ranked QB in 2018 bc he was good as a freshman at a big school.  Its mind boggling to me.  Hes a QB who has never looked as good as Mitch, and people want to replace Mitch with him.  I thought we wanted an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I have zero fascination with him.  I have seen evidence that he can make NFL throws and has good mobility and he is 3 or 4 years experience in league and is still younger than many rookies.

He is still an unknown.  I am saying take a flyer on him for a 3rd or 2nd.   Other people are ones saying give up huge draft capital a huge salary for this guy or that guy.

• Like 1

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I’m good with it. I’m super high on Fields - I think he could be the next Watson. 

Lets say Wentz goes to Indy.

Carr stays in LV.

Darnold sucks.

That would leave them walking into the draft beyond desperate. Then the fireworks can start.

You guys don't get that coaching and situation matters a lot.

Good team and good coach can make you look really good.   Bad team and bad coach can make you look really bad.

We don't know what Darnold is or isn't, because he has been on horrible teams with horrible coaches.

• Like 1

I don't really care what Bears do, they aren't winning a SB in 2021.   

Their only hope, which is like a 10% chance, is if they resigned ARob and MT, picked up a draft contributor, upgraded LT and ran it back. 

I think it is a Zero percent chance trying to bring in Wentz or Carr for a big trade and losing ARob and rolling with Massie and Leno.   

I just don't want them to trade 2022 1, because that is the reset button for a rookie QB for next coach and GM.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Lets say Wentz goes to Indy.

Carr stays in LV.

Darnold sucks.

That would leave them walking into the draft beyond desperate. Then the fireworks can start.

I think Minshew is the backup plan.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You guys don't get that coaching and situation matters a lot.

Good team and good coach can make you look really good.   Bad team and bad coach can make you look really bad.

We don't know what Darnold is or isn't, because he has been on horrible teams with horrible coaches.

I get coaching matters, I also get that Darnold today looks like the exact same player he was at USC.  Hes not good.  He isnt worth a 3rd, let alone a 2nd.  Yes he as flashed here and there.  So has Mitch.  There has been 0 evidence that Darnold is better than Mitch.  If Mitch who has actually won games, has protected the football, and has better tools than Darnold, isnt good enough, how is Darnold?

Since we are throwing GM sh** at the wall here is another QB (Wilson - Seattle) who is now unhappy. But it is LaCanfora so take it with a grain of salt. He says it is worth monitoring. Just to give a price example the Seahawks wanted Cleveland's 1st & 4th picks in the 1st round in 2018 as a start. Wilson will be 33 this year and has 2 years left.

Edited by malagabears