Future QB Discussion

G08

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

He can prefer it all he wants. I'd be more than fine with him not coming to Bears... really

The more stuff I hear about Wentz the more I think he's too soft to play QB in this league 

If he can't handle the pressure playing in a city like Philly then he's got no shot in a place like Chicago

We don't need players with a sissy attitude 

Don't know if he's too soft, or just an arrogant loon. But since we've had both of those type of guys under center in recent years...maybe we can do better next time. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

OK then, Pace. What’s your plan now? 

Hopefully all along it was a plan better than Wentz ..

I'm kind of relived they didn't make this trade.  The cap gymnastics that would have been needed to pull it off would have taken away from other areas of the team and Wentz just isn't good enough to elevate the team by himself

He's in a much better place in Indy where they can actually build around him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

So yeah the multiple 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Cohen, Foles blah blah rumored trades offers probably weren’t true 

Clearly it was Howie Roseman just trying to make it seem as if the Colts were bidding against the Bears "high package" but looks like his tactic failed miserably 😂

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hopefully it’s something of consequence. Just don’t give me a bandaid solution.

Related - I just used a free $5 bet I had on Wentz MVP at +4500, cuz Bears and QBs. 😂

Foles and a rookie in the 1st seems more and more like it could be a likely scenario

Either that or Bears trade for a middling starter like a Darnold, Minshew or Mariota...

Quality QBs like Watson/Dak are and will continue to be pipe dreams

I think I'd prefer a Foles/Mac Jones tandem over those middling guys.  Even though we all know Foles is not very good at the very least he knows the offense better than anyone else does and would allow for a rookie to get up to speed before fully taking over

Though not going to lie I wouldn't be upset at the idea of Bears trading a 2 for Darnold and rolling with he and Foles while investing their 1st into the OL

Edited by topwop1