I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

48 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If we trade for this guy can we actually do something smart and draft Mond to be his backup and let our future develop instead of always just going this year to the next with no forward thinking planning

I would keep Heinicke as the backup to Stafford.

But I would be on board with Mond as 3rd string & letting Allen go.

Stafford, Heinicke & Mond would be a pretty darn good QB Depth chart for us.

50 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If we trade for this guy can we actually do something smart and draft Mond to be his backup and let our future develop instead of always just going this year to the next with no forward thinking planning

I mean, if they trade for Stafford he’s the starter for the next 5 seasons. We won’t be drafting a QB because we’d just lose that player before Stafford is gone. 

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

I would keep Heinicke as the backup to Stafford.

But I would be on board with Mond as 3rd string & letting Allen go.

Stafford, Heinicke & Mond would be a pretty darn good QB Depth chart for us.

Heinicke just doesn’t have the game to beat out Mond. I’m okay with them 3 and Taylor played an amazing exciting game but Mond has a real shot at future success in this league

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, if they trade for Stafford he’s the starter for the next 5 seasons. We won’t be drafting a QB because we’d just lose that player before Stafford is gone. 

That’s the Alex situation that has us forcing a pick when he gets hurt and we’re back in a Alex Smith drafting Haskins situation. You draft your future guy and by year 3 you either draft and trade Mond because he can’t beat out Stafford or he Beats out Stafford and you move him for pennies to get rid of his contract. I don’t bank on Stafford for 5 healthy seasons the man has had a back history. We need to dive into the QB pool in this class there are some guys!!! I’m okay with a vet but I still do whatever it takes to get Mond here to develop him. I just have a feeling he has gifts and he’s a gamer.

Edited by ripsean21

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s the Alex situation that has us forcing a pick when he gets hurt and we’re back in a Alex Smith drafting Haskins situation. You draft your future guy and by year 3 you either draft and trade Mond because he can’t beat out Stafford or he Beats out Stafford and you move him for pennies to get rid of his contract. I don’t bank on Stafford for 5 healthy seasons the man has had a back history. We need to dive into the QB pool in this class there are some guys!!! I’m okay with a vet but I still do whatever it takes to get Mond here to develop him. I just have a feeling he has gifts and he’s a gamer.

Yeah bro, you and I are on opposite ends of this Mond thing. I really don’t see it at all. I’d be pretty bummed if we spent a pick on him. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah bro, you and I are on opposite ends of this Mond thing. I really don’t see it at all. I’d be pretty bummed if we spent a pick on him. 

Watch the senior bowl or any game this year. From the player he was 3 years ago to now this is a guy who has grown between the helmet and he is still learning. He has wheels and doesn’t rely on them. I’m not saying he doesn’t have some raw traits but the guy actually had playmakers to throw to this week and he shined. His ball placement is really well. He gives his guys chances to make plays and he doesn’t get rattled he keeps delivering. Yes against LSU he didn’t kill it but his line sucks and they have professional DB’s and he had college pass catchers. He put balls on them in tight coverage and guys dont help him out. We can see different things but I’m just saying what I’ve seen I’ve broken him down more then any other player. I’ve seen almost every game of his in his time and I’ve watched this years games more then once to really highlight his strengths and weaknesses. This guy just reminds me so much of the traits I saw in Dak and Russ. In Daks class I said he was the best a very unpopular opinion and it’s just what I see. It’s a feeling. I think he would be a special player for this team in the future