I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

What exactly was the trade? Is Goff going to the Lions!

Goff a 3 this year and their 1the next year and the year after. So it’s 22 and 23 1’s. It sounds like a lot but the draft value chart those ones are basically a 1 this year between the 2

Edited by ripsean21

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Don’t be upset that we weren’t dumb enough to do what the Rams just did. Giving up two firsts, a third and a young QB for Stafford is moronic. I don’t care how much Goff regressed this deal is horrible and Snead is a terrible GM.  

I’m happy we didn’t give up a 1 plus for Stafford. And Detroit didn’t gain much for this year I think it gives them a player to run a system while they use future picks to keep building down the line. They have the cap space to eat the bad deal Goff is on and while they build they have assets to eventually get their guy while they infuse the roster in these next few drafts

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Well...does anyone want to trade for Goff?

If I’m the Lions, I’m looking to move him to a team that wants to compete and then using the proceeds to get up into the top 3. There’s no sense in having an expensive QB who needs talent around him on a rebuilding team. 

I was thinking the same thing.  He’s not great but he’s better than anything we’ve got.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  He’s not great but he’s better than anything we’ve got.

I'd rather have Heinicke, than Jared Goff & I'm not kidding.

If we're going all in on someone....

Forget Watson...

I'd offer the moon to Jacksonville for Trevor Lawrence.

#19, 2022 1st Rd pick.

Our 2 3rds this year & a 3rd in 2022

Matt Ionitus & Landon Collins

And see their response...

• Like 1

If their willingness to make a bigger offer than that for Stafford suggests how desperate this team is for a current franchise QB, the Texans may need to just sit back and enjoy watching us bid against ourselves for Watson. 

Then again, it would be very WFT to be willing to pay big for a mediocre option but not pay huge for a great option.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Goff a 3 this year and their 1the next year and the year after. So it’s 22 and 23 1’s. It sounds like a lot but the draft value chart those ones are basically a 1 this year between the 2

Four out of five first round picks traded for Jalen Ramsey and Matt Stafford.  I don't care what the value is, that's crazy to make those deals.  More crazy than how we gave away draft picks when Gibbs 2.0 was going on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That sucks

No way.  If our offer was better than the Rams then we got lucky.  It horrifies me that Rivera would offer something even close to what the Rams offered.

I can't believe what the rams gave up for him.  Insane compensation.  If you look at that then what will watson get like the entire 2021 draft of a team and 3 players.

People over value draft picks wayyyy too much.

Was this a a ridiculous trade? Yes, it was.

Am I glad we didnt do it? Hell yes

But let's look at hypothetically, what the Rams probably gave up.

They gave up Jared Goff...Ok, he sucks. 😂

A 3rd this year...They made the playoffs, so it's in the later part of the 3rd Rd.

A 1st in 2022...It's going to be a late 1st, because they are immediately a SB contender.

A 1st in 2023...Again, a late 1st Rd pick.

So they have up a 2 future late 1sts, at least in the 20's

A 3rd this year in the 20's

And a QB that sucks real bad.

They will be contending for the SB for the next 3 years minimum.

They will have to stay aggressive in FA, because they won't have 1st Rd picks for a while, unless they trade players. 

But they will be challenging that Division & Conference for a few years now. 

The is, what are we gonna do about that, to be able to hang with them in the Playoffs?

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

People over value draft picks wayyyy too much.

Was this a a ridiculous trade? Yes, it was.

Am I glad we didnt do it? Hell yes

But let's look at hypothetically, what the Rams probably gave up.

They gave up Jared Goff...Ok, he sucks. 😂

A 3rd this year...They made the playoffs, so it's in the later part of the 3rd Rd.

A 1st in 2022...It's going to be a late 1st, because they are immediately a SB contender.

A 1st in 2023...Again, a late 1st Rd pick.

So they have up a 2 future late 1sts, at least in the 20's

A 3rd this year in the 20's

And a QB that sucks real bad.

They will be contending for the SB for the next 3 years minimum.

They will have to stay aggressive in FA, because they won't have 1st Rd picks for a while, unless they trade players. 

But they will be challenging that Division & Conference for a few years now. 

The is, what are we gonna do about that, to be able to hang with them in the Playoffs?

They were already SB contenders though.  They basically just traded 3 picks and the 20th best starting QB in the league for the 15th best QB in the league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'd rather have Heinicke, than Jared Goff & I'm not kidding.

If we're going all in on someone....

Forget Watson...

I'd offer the moon to Jacksonville for Trevor Lawrence.

#19, 2022 1st Rd pick.

Our 2 3rds this year & a 3rd in 2022

Matt Ionitus & Landon Collins

And see their response...

Urban Meyer didn’t get over the sniffles and come out of retirement for that terrible offer. That’s two mid-late firsts at best, and two above average at best players he can find in free agency. To get Lawrence, you’ve got to offer a deal better than what we gave the Rams for RG3.