I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

11 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Word on the street is that WFT's offer for Matt Stafford was better than the Rams.....

For the love of god....

I think, from what I am reading, it's what we offered is more helpful for the immediate future, whereas the Rams 1st round picks are 2 and 3 drafts away.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Word on the street is that WFT's offer for Matt Stafford was better than the Rams.....

For the love of god....

From what I read it was better from the 2021 draft stand point . I read we offered our first and a third. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I think, from what I am reading, it's what we offered is more helpful for the immediate future, whereas the Rams 1st round picks are 2 and 3 drafts away.

That's right, it's not that we offered more, it's that we offered early draft picks that were in this years draft where the Rams couldn't because they already didn't have them after they traded for Ramsey. 

16 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Although the report saying that the Texans want 2 first, 2 seconds, and 2 defensive starters. I actually would try to swing that depending on the players lol

2021 1st and 2nd, 2022 1st and 2nd, John Allen and Landon Collins. Get it done!

Landon Collins lmfao! People need to get over the thought that he's tradeable because he isn't. The only way we are getting Watson is if we put together a better package than teams that have top 10 draft picks in this years draft and young Qbs they could trade like the NYJ, Miami or Phila. The only way to do that is to trade two of our best DL and I'm sure the Texans in giving up their franchise QB in his prime will want Chase Young or Montez Sweat as one of those picks. So, that's the debate.

Would you trade Sweat or Young along with Allen, Payne or Ioannidis and two firsts, two seconds for DeShaun Watson?

That's a very, very hefty price but at the same time we'd be getting back arguably the most talented QB that would ever put on a Washington uniform in the teams history.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Landon Collins lmfao! People need to get over the thought that he's tradeable because he isn't. The only way we are getting Watson is if we put together a better package than teams that have top 10 draft picks in this years draft and young Qbs they could trade like the NYJ, Miami or Phila. The only way to do that is to trade two of our best DL and I'm sure the Texans in giving up their franchise QB in his prime will want Chase Young or Montez Sweat as one of those picks. So, that's the debate.

Would you trade Sweat or Young along with Allen, Payne or Ioannidis and two firsts, two seconds for DeShaun Watson?

That's a very, very hefty price but at the same time we'd be getting back arguably the most talented QB that would ever put on a Washington uniform in the teams history.

I would consider sweat, Ioannidis and the picks you mentioned for that trade.

i would then resin kerrigan

Two Firsts & two seconds is no problem & doable. Specially, when this year's are late rounders anyway.

The 2 players they want?

Chase Young & Montez Sweat would be off the table for me. Wouldn't even be an option. They're too special.

But I would trade Jonathan Allen. I think he's the weakest link of the 4, but still pretty good. He's also the oldest & contract is coming up soon. So I would throw his hat in the ring.

I would also do Matt Ionitus as well.

I would do Landon Collins as well.

Deron Payne would be tough, but I would only do it as a last resort. To get a deal done, so to speak.

But no way is Young & Sweat options. Great pass Rushers are too hard to find.

As much as I would hate to trade DT's Payne or Allen? There's a guy on our depth chart pretty damn good too I believe, in Tim Settles.

51 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Two Firsts & two seconds is no problem & doable. Specially, when this year's are late rounders anyway.

The 2 players they want?

Chase Young & Montez Sweat would be off the table for me. Wouldn't even be an option. They're too special.

But I would trade Jonathan Allen. I think he's the weakest link of the 4, but still pretty good. He's also the oldest & contract is coming up soon. So I would throw his hat in the ring.

I would also do Matt Ionitus as well.

I would do Landon Collins as well.

Deron Payne would be tough, but I would only do it as a last resort. To get a deal done, so to speak.

But no way is Young & Sweat options. Great pass Rushers are too hard to find.

As much as I would hate to trade DT's Payne or Allen? There's a guy on our depth chart pretty damn good too I believe, in Tim Settles.

I just can’t imagine the Texans trading away Watson w/o getting back a player on Chase or Montez’s level as a defensive player.

The only way they would cave on less IMO if it’s September & Watson is refusing to play and then they have to take less in the deal than they want to. At this point, they have time to wait. There’s no rush on the Texans end to trade Watson at this point. They have 7 months to try to med fences and to get Watson to stay.

I just honestly can’t get down with this and I hope like Stafford some team saves us from ourselves. And again I’ll take the this is why we sucks this year but in 3 when the trading team is losing most of their depth and haven’t drafted well and they are in a similar spot to where Houston currently is ill own that too. Yes his numbers look great!!! I love the player!!! But the fact we’re so willing to walk away from guys that have come here bought in and played their butts off for this team for a guy who’s essentially quitting on his because he didn’t like what they did. I mean I’ve seen guys on bad teams put up amazing number year in and out. Idk I think he’s exciting. But we can find younger guys with a similar skill set this year or next. I just wouldn’t force this. Every time I think about this trade my gut starts wrenching because we’ve been actually making smart calculated moves and they can continue that while improving the overall team. Not by weakening the team to fix one spot!!! I’m not trying to be the reason the Texans build a monster!!! We’ve sat back and taken our lumps here for years and yes I understand there’s this shiney toy out there dangling but logically the platform is rigged with a shark in the tank like for once just don’t do it. Yes I roll with the draft class Smith and Mond and Taylor. Because I’ve already waited all these years. One or Two more smart calculated offseasons and we can be a contender for a legit decade without living in cap hell losing valuable assets. Sweat has no injury history!!! Why trade him for a guy one slip away from being a younger Smith? I’m sorry yes picks can bust. But the coach is in control if he trusts himself then he should be saying round one and two their solid all day. Turn these picks into the last few pieces for us and find your guy. Move up in the draft move down do whatever but this move will haunt us

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

One, I cannot believe the Panthers offered the 8th pick and two, I cannot believe the Lions turned it down. That is nuts. 

I think this allowed them to get a QB to assess the roster this year. They go BPA in this draft see who belongs move the ones that don’t fit next year and get even more picks possibly for next year. I like what Detroit is doing but I agree I’d probably have taken that too

• Like 1

@ripsean21 Trading away a few good DL players does not equate to giving up all of our depth IMO.

I mean are we forgetting that we aren’t going to be able to keep our top 6 DL anyways within 3 years and it’s smart to trade away one of them and get picks for one of our DTs - either Allen, Ioannidis, Payne or Settle - now or next year anyway? 

One way to look at the Watson trade is that we’d be packaging one of them - say Payne - in with a few other picks & Sweat for a Franchise QB and if we end up trading Payne next off-season we likely are only going to get a 2nd for him anyway.

And obviously we can still draft the guy who you think is going to be the franchise savior in Kellen Mond in the 3rd round to develop behind Watson even if we traded away our 1st & 2nd in this years draft for Watson.

Edited by turtle28