I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What? 

He’s always dealing with injuries these last few years. He’s not missing time but you can see them effecting his play. I just don’t think it’s a scheme fit. He’s a good player I just don’t like the fit

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s always dealing with injuries these last few years. He’s not missing time but you can see them effecting his play. I just don’t think it’s a scheme fit. He’s a good player I just don’t like the fit

Well it’s a good think Rivera thinks every QB that was on our roster last year - except for Haskins - is equal (I don’t agree with him) and they all would’ve won 5 of our last 7 games of the year.

If we get Stafford and he misses a few games they’re guaranteed victories in Rivera’s eyes if Allen or Heinicke have to start.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well it’s a good think Rivera thinLD every QB that’s was on our roster last year except for Haskins is equal and they all would’ve won 5 of our last 7 games of the year.

If we get Stafford and he misses few wins they’re guaranteed victories in Rivera’s eyes if Allen or Heinicke have to start.

I’d still just rather sign Dak. If we’re going vet he’s mobile and he’s a gamer. Just my opinion though.

Edited by ripsean21

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d still just rather sign Dak. If we’re going vet he’s mobile and he’s a gamer. Just my opinion though.

Sure if he’s available, I’m not sold he will be. I think the Cowboys re-sign him and if not they franchise him again. Maybe they try to trade him on the tag but they wouldn’t trade him to us.

I wouldn't mind Stafford but not at that asking price. Our defense just got shredded by Tom Brady in the WC round and now all of a sudden we need to mortgage our future because we are a QB and a Free Agent WR away? I'm not buying it. Stafford has started 165 games and has 11 100 yard rushers in those games. That's not gonna work in the NFC East.

• Like 2

Take the 2020 Washington Football Team & their Defense.

Add Mathew Stafford alone & we win 10 games.

Have a good 21' draft & FA.

Add a few more weapons on Offense.

Continue playing awesome Defense.

& We win Division again with 10 wins with our tough 2021 schedule listed.

Possibly more.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Take the 2020 Washington Football Team & their Defense.

Add Mathew Stafford alone & we win 10 games.

Have a good 21' draft & FA.

Add a few more weapons on Offense.

Continue playing awesome Defense.

& We win Division again with 10 wins with our tough 2021 schedule listed.

Possibly more.

Our schedule this year is way tougher. If we have 10 wins next year I’ll have some belief in the playoffs because we get 10 wins we’re atleast a wildcard next year

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

I wouldn't mind Stafford but not at that asking price. Our defense just got shredded by Tom Brady in the WC round and now all of a sudden we need to mortgage our future because we are a QB and a Free Agent WR away? I'm not buying it. Stafford has started 165 games and has 11 100 yard rushers in those games. That's not gonna work in the NFC East.

So, our D got shredded by the best QB of all time and that’s the standard they have to live up to? Come on dude, they also kept 6 and 7 guys in to block up our 4 DL to keep Brady clean.

Its entirely possible to add a #2 WR In the draft or FA, a MLB upgrade in draft or FA, re-sign Darby & upgrade FS in FA or the draft this offseason even if we traded a 1st and mid round pick for Stafford.

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Our schedule this year is way tougher. If we have 10 wins next year I’ll have some belief in the playoffs because we get 10 wins we’re atleast a wildcard next year

The division should be better next year unless Dak leaves, Barkey will be back for the NYG but, I don’t think the schedule next year is that much harder. It doesn’t get much harder than the AFC North & NFC West in those 8 games. We went 3-5 in those 8 games in 2020.

Of our 10 losses (including the playoff game) 5 of them came vs the AFCN & NFCW. Then we lost two to the Giants and we shouldn’t have lost either of those. Turnovers lost us both of those games & the Detroit game/a bad penalty by Chase and missed FG.

Edited by turtle28

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, our D got shredded by the best QB of all time and that’s the standard they have to live up to? Come on dude, they also kept 6 and 7 guys in to block up our 4 DL to keep Brady clean.

Welcome to playoff football. If it wasn't gonna be Brady that shredded us, it would be Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Patrick Mahomes.