I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is asinine. Sorry, not even remotely plausible. A first for Stafford should be enough. If you think I’m adding McLaurin, Sweat, Payne, Gibson etc you’re nuts lol. 

Well this will be remembered if we don’t get him or Watson and then next year you’re constantly complaining every game day thread and every other thread about Alex Smith, Cam, Kyle Allen, Heinicke or a rookie not being good enough at QB to win us enough games to get us back to the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well this will be remembered if we don’t get him or Watson and then next year you’re constantly complaining every game day thread and every other thread about Alex Smith, Cam, Kyle Allen, Heinicke or a rookie not being good enough at QB to win us enough games to get us back to the playoffs. 

I won’t be complaining that we didn’t give all of future away that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I listened to him on the Junkies yesterday. He thinks it’s hard to believe Washington getting him bc teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Panthers & others have top 10 pick where we don’t.

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I won’t be complaining that we didn’t give all of future away that’s for sure. 

Understood, but there’s only so many ways to get a franchise QB & this is a shot we have to get one after we won the division by going 7-9 this year and made it almost impossible to draft Fields or Wilson in the top 10 of this years draft without trading into the top 10 for them by doing an RG3 like trade anyways for a total unknown at QB rather than a known commodity in Watson or Stafford.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I listened to him on the Junkies yesterday. He thinks it’s hard to believe Washington getting him bc teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Panthers & others have top 10 pick where we don’t.

Nobody is giving up a top 10 pick for Matt Stafford. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Nobody is giving up a top 10 pick for Matt Stafford. 

There’s no way of knowing that. I understand that’s your opinion bc you undervalue what kind of QB Stafford is, but there’s going to be a bidding war for Stafford and that probably results in one of the teams in the top 10 or 15 being willing to trade their 1st round pick for him. 

It wouldn’t shock me if NYJ, Car, Denv or San Fran traded their 1st for Stafford. The Lions could get back Darnold, Lock or Garapolo in that trade too.

I mean, I guess the Panthers could run it back with Teddy Bridgewater - who they paid more than what DeShaun Watson made last year & will pay him more than what Watson makes this year - to be average.

That sounds like a great way to be under .500 again.

Edited by turtle28

Heck of a TD catch by Yeboah the TE from Ole Miss. there’s some good mid & late round TEs we could take to be Thomas’s back up in this draft.

Bevin Jordan (Miami)

Pat Freiermuth (Penn St)

Hunter Long (BC)

Kenny Yeboah (Ole Miss)

Tony Poljan (VT)

Cary Angeline (NC St)

Noah Gray (Duke)

Quinttin Morris (Bowling Green)

Luke Farrell (Ohio St)

Nick Eubanks (Michigan)

I'm hearing the Lions want to trade Stafford before the SB.

If that's the case? Doesn't that put Washington high on the list of possibilities?

How many can absorb his contract, as we're still in the League year. (And what about the trade deadline...like how are they able to trade him?)

Anyways if say there are maybe 10 teams that can even take on his contract now. Of those 10, how many need a QB? 5...maybe

58 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm hearing the Lions want to trade Stafford before the SB.

If that's the case? Doesn't that put Washington high on the list of possibilities?

How many can absorb his contract, as we're still in the League year. (And what about the trade deadline...like how are they able to trade him?)

Anyways if say there are maybe 10 teams that can even take on his contract now. Of those 10, how many need a QB? 5...maybe

I definitely think it’s a possibility for us. Teams That could use an upgrade at QB who can afford Stafford:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

1. Jets

2. Patriots

3. Colts

4. WFT

5. Dolphins 

6. Broncos

7. 49ers - could trade Jimmy G for Stafford 

8. Cowboys - if they don’t retain Dak

9. Panthers - Don’t have cap space currently, would have to move Teddy. Maybe they trade Teddy to the Lions & their 2nd round pick.

Edited by turtle28