Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

Maybe Pees didn't have full control of the defense here and will get it in Atlanta?

The way Ravens fans complain about Pees, his defensive play calling here was pretty aggressive where as they insist he was super conservative. Maybe Vrabel insisted on aggression and Pees didn't like that? Doesn't feel likely to me but it's all I can figure.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Maybe Pees didn't have full control of the defense here and will get it in Atlanta?

The way Ravens fans complain about Pees, his defensive play calling here was pretty aggressive where as they insist he was super conservative. Maybe Vrabel insisted on aggression and Pees didn't like that? Doesn't feel likely to me but it's all I can figure.

yeah, i mean, "aggressive" is not a word i would use to describe our defense this year so i find it hard to believe vrabel insisted on it last year lol

for all i know it could just be a thing of wanting a fresh start, but at the moment it feels kind of damning of vrabel. lots of good DC candidates getting snapped up and we're hearing absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, i mean, "aggressive" is not a word i would use to describe our defense this year so i find it hard to believe vrabel insisted on it last year lol

for all i know it could just be a thing of wanting a fresh start, but at the moment it feels kind of damning of vrabel. lots of good DC candidates getting snapped up and we're hearing absolutely nothing.

He was very aggressive in Houston though, which would make me wonder how much his lack of it here was due to personnel. But awful either way.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Nothing to hear about when the job is already filled by Vrabel’s lackey.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He was very aggressive in Houston though, which would make me wonder how much his lack of it here was due to personnel. But awful either way.

i wouldn't say our defense was defined by a lack of aggression- it's not like we never blitzed or anything- just that it didn't stand out. and i can't say i paid attention to his defense in houston, but given that it ranked last in the nfl, between that defense and this one i'd say his aggression needs to be refined.

one name that i am curious about is james bettcher. vrabel interviewed him before hiring pees, and he was a really hot DC name at the time coming off some impressive years in arizona. he had a couple of rough years with the giants and pat shurmur and spent this past year out of football, but i still think he could work here.

when dean pees left baltimore he was basically forced into retirement as an alternative to being fired- some people were speculating that's what happened in tennessee as well, but that's probably the most damning option possible lol. and i think it's pretty unlikely. but man, i'm actually surprised how riled up the fans on twitter etc are about this. there is going to be some serious ill will toward vrabel from the fan base if he doesn't make a solid DC hire.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

when dean pees left baltimore he was basically forced into retirement as an alternative to being fired- some people were speculating that's what happened in tennessee as well, but that's probably the most damning option possible lol. and i think it's pretty unlikely. but man, i'm actually surprised how riled up the fans on twitter etc are about this. there is going to be some serious ill will toward vrabel from the fan base if he doesn't make a solid DC hire.

I’m almost excited to see the reaction when we promote Bowen.