Jets to hire Robert Saleh as HC

35 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Idk comes off as a meh hire to me.

Never know with Head Coaches though it’s extremely tough to look at anyone and say “now that guy is gonna make a helluva head coach.”

the nice thing about any new Jets head coach is we always know that theyrre at least capable of making one horrible choice right off the bat.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Picking the Jets over the Chargers... wow.

Clearly as inept as I'm comfortable with a Jets HC. Happy with the hire.

Did the Chargers make an offer? I don’t think the Jets job is undesirable as you are making it sound either. They’ve got cap space and draft picks. I ranked it JAC, LAC, & NYJ as the top three open jobs.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Did the Chargers make an offer? I don’t think the Jets job is undesirable as you are making it sound either. They’ve got cap space and draft picks. I ranked it JAC, LAC, & NYJ as the top three open jobs.

The Chargers wanted to bring Saleh in for a second interview, reported just this morning. Instead he threw that away to coach the  Jets lmao

Also they the Jets.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

So maybe you interview and weigh your options?

Yeah maybe. Maybe you blow off the Jets then they decide to move on someone else and the LAC decide to go a different direction and your left without a HC job? I don’t think it’s smart to take any opening, but as I said, the Jets job isn’t as bad as you are making it sound and there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. Sometimes you just gotta take the sure thing if you think you can make it work. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Yeah maybe. Maybe you blow off the Jets then they decide to move on someone else and the LAC decide to go a different direction and your left without a HC job? I don’t think it’s smart to take any opening, but as I said, the Jets job isn’t as bad as you are making it sound and there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. Sometimes you just gotta take the sure thing if you think you can make it work. 

i'd rather be SF DC than Jets HC from a career standpoint. I at least make an effort to hear out the Chargers.

and, yes, yes, you've already made your poor opinion on the Jets clear ;)

• Like 1