Jets to hire Robert Saleh as HC

.Buzz

41 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

From hopes of Trevor Lawrence to another year of Sam Darnold lmaoooo 

Ehhh, not a bad idea. They either trade down and accrue a bunch of picks for their rebuild or they take Sewell - I mean really it's a win win for them either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Chargers wanted to bring Saleh in for a second interview, reported just this morning. Instead he threw that away to coach the  Jets lmao

Also they the Jets.

We have a better situation than past years. Young talented players, tons of cap and draft picks.  Joe Douglas seems to be doing well as GM unlike past jets gms. 

Robert Saleh was a good hire, seems like someone who is smart and can energize this franchise 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know if saleh will be good or bad, but if he failed, I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were the jets. He's a guy you can feel good about. 

I'm pumped, most excited I've been for a coaching hire in a while. I hated the Gase hire.

I think Saleh will handle the ny media well,  he seems smart and articulate.  Hiring a young up coming oc like Mike Lafleur excites me as well. Now if only the jets will get grass vs field turf please.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Is he an Arab? Not all muslims are arab

He's of Lebanese descent from Michigan, but the conversation should probably stop as it walks a fine line with the forum rule of not discussing race. He's the first Muslim Head Coach and that's great, but the extra posts (and I wanted to respond to some too) probably shouldn't happen. Congratulations to the Jets I really like this hire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

He's of Lebanese descent from Michigan, but the conversation should probably stop as it walks a fine line with the forum rule of not discussing race. He's the first Muslim Head Coach and that's great, but the extra posts (and I wanted to respond to some too) probably shouldn't happen. Congratulations to the Jets I really like this hire.

Today I have learned that Lebanon is a multi ethnic multi religious country. Someone from Lebanon isnt neccesarily arab or muslim. 

His name isnt exclusively Islamic or muslim, selah, in ancient Hebrew means 'pause' or take a breath iirc. Robert is scottish.  I haven't broken any forum dont sweat it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i'd rather be SF DC than Jets HC from a career standpoint. I at least make an effort to hear out the Chargers.

and, yes, yes, you've already made your poor opinion on the Jets clear ;)

Chargers interviewed about a dozen coaches on the 1st round of interviews, I expect them to make a lot of 2nd interviews, at least 5 or 6.