Jets to hire Robert Saleh as HC

.Buzz

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Today I have learned that Lebanon is a multi ethnic multi religious country. Someone from Lebanon isnt neccesarily arab or muslim. 

His name isnt exclusively Islamic or muslim, selah, in ancient Hebrew means 'pause' or take a breath iirc. Robert is scottish.  I haven't broken any forum dont sweat it.

He didn't mean you broke it. Just want to avoid subsequent posts that may lead us to unwarranted discussion.   He was born and raised in USA for all that matters. lol.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why is that big?  Do they have a lot of Muslims on their team?  His religion shouldn't really be an issue.  I think he is going to be a great candidate for other reasons entirely.

After giving it a little more thought I was going to come back and delete my question, but figured I would post the follow-up instead.  After thinking about it, I think you might have been right that it was kind of a big step to have the first Muslim head coach because there are actually quite a few Muslim players in the league.  For that reason, there could be a lot of people who like to see someone of the same religion who gets a shot at one of the head coaching positions.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why is that big?  Do they have a lot of Muslims on their team?  His religion shouldn't really be an issue.  I think he is going to be a great candidate for other reasons entirely.

No one said his religion is an issue, and no one said he was a great candidate because of anything other than his ability. 

The NFL will celebrate diversity hires, especially when they're historic firsts. It's an issue they're constantly challenged on, particularly at the HC and executive level.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

After giving it a little more thought I was going to come back and delete my question, but figured I would post the follow-up instead.  After thinking about it, I think you might have been right that it was kind of a big step to have the first Muslim head coach because there are actually quite a few Muslim players in the league.  For that reason, there could be a lot of people who like to see someone of the same religion who gets a shot at one of the head coaching positions.

No worries. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not to make it sound like this is the reason he got hired, because I'm sure he's well qualified to be a head coach.  But this is also good from an  NFL marketing point of view.  There are Muslim Americans that previously had no interest in football that might tune in to cheer for the Jets.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

No one said his religion is an issue, and no one said he was a great candidate because of anything other than his ability. 

The NFL will celebrate diversity hires, especially when they're historic firsts. It's an issue they're constantly challenged on, particularly at the HC and executive level.

No worries. 

Hey, how did you add both of those quotes in the same post?  I haven't figured out how to do that on the new site yet.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Hey, how did you add both of those quotes in the same post?  I haven't figured out how to do that on the new site yet.

If you highlight the text you want to quote the option will pop up, and there's no limit to how many quote boxes you can use per post.