Jets to hire Robert Saleh as HC

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

He's done great work with the Niners. Happy to see that pay off for him.

Do the Niners have an internal candidate to fill that void? Asking the Niners fans here honestly.

Demeco Ryans our LB coach seems to be the likely and assumed choice but possibly Tony Oden our DBs coach although he’s newer to the team but both are well thought of in house candidates.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Demeco Ryans our LB coach seems to be the likely and assumed choice but possibly Tony Oden our DBs coach although he’s newer to the team but both are well thought of in house candidates.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Christ, I wanted Shanahan to coach the Broncos so badly. It was so OBVIOUS.

17 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Christ, I wanted Shanahan to coach the Broncos so badly. It was so OBVIOUS.

Oh yea, I’m real happy with either taking over. Both have done good work from the little bit I’ve seen and know. Ryan’s has been talked about in a positive light, connects with players well, communicates well and has a coaching mind, by almost everyone who’s ever played/worked with him

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is he going to run and call the defense or will he bring in a guy he trust to do that? 

I don’t think he will, but the Jets don’t want another HC who ignores the offense. 

The rumors are that he will be more of a ceo type of HC. So I would expect he’d let the DC call the plays.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:40 PM, DreamKid said:

Looks like he is, big for the NFL.

🤔

I would suggest it's not anything to notice either way, not a groundbreaking first but just a religious-affiliation first. The NFL will pander, though, so they'll likely have it mentioned ad nauseum on the broadcasts and in fluff pieces.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is he going to run and call the defense or will he bring in a guy he trust to do that? 

I don’t think he will, but the Jets don’t want another HC who ignores the offense. 

He's bringing LaFleur with him from SF, and I have to assume Saleh will be staying out of LaFleur's way on that side of the ball.