Jets hire HC Robert Saleh

Bianconero

Knapp been on this league a long time and had a good amount of experience, which is good for what is shaping up to be a mostly young staff. Don't know much about Benton but that offensive line always played well. The title of run game coordinator makes me think that he's a possibility for promotion in the future if all goes well and Lafleur gets HC looks.

Does anyone know anything outside of the Wikipedia facts about Rob Calabrese?

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Knapp been on this league a long time and had a good amount of experience, which is good for what is shaping up to be a mostly young staff. Don't know much about Benton but that offensive line always played well. The title of run game coordinator makes me think that he's a possibility for promotion in the future if all goes well and Lafleur gets HC looks.

Does anyone know anything outside of the Wikipedia facts about Rob Calabrese?

I'm really not sure about Benton to be honest. Our OL was putrid in pass protection under him but I'm not sure if it is on him or the lack of talent. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm really not sure about Benton to be honest. Our OL was putrid in pass protection under him but I'm not sure if it is on him or the lack of talent. 

Have they been bad in pass pro? My memories of watching that time are mostly how impressed I've been with the offensive line in terms of run blocking. Always seemed like that unit was cohesive in that regard.

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Have they been bad in pass pro? My memories of watching that time are mostly how impressed I've been with the offensive line in terms of run blocking. Always seemed like that unit was cohesive in that regard.

Run blocking was good but the pass protection has never not been in terrible. Jimmy has a extremely fast release so it made the OL look better than it was in pass protection. But when in obvious passing situations, the OL never held up.