Jets hire HC Robert Saleh

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

I assume he will bring his 4-3 defense here? We'd only need to make minor adjustments for his scheme. When was the last time we had a 4-3 defense? 

Anyway, great hire, big fan of this guy and the energy he brings on the sideline. I think JD got it right and for the first time in a long time we got the cream of the crop candidate and have every fan from other teams applauding us for it.

4-3 under Herm

Adam Shef just said Sam Darnold will most likely be the Jets QB next year and expect the Jets to trade down. I agree with this move because Fields and Wilson are not franchise QB and why force the pick. You can not mess up this pick 

• Like 1

Love it! Will definitely be rooting for the Jets now in the AFC.

So a couple of things about Saleh, I actually hate how people just think he is a high energy defensive guy who the players love. His best quality is actually the way he is able to communicate and how smart he is. I encourage you guys to watch some of his pressers from the season just to see how he handles the press and how much insight he has in his answers. 

A couple of players I think Saleh will be interesting in bringing with him to NYJ from SF are Tartt, Witherspoon and possibly Verrett. Tartt is a very solid player but he is injury prone and the Niners look like they will roll with the Moore/Ward duo going forward. K.Williams is a hell of a player but doesn't seem like you guys need any slot corner help so he may not be the guy following Saleh as many think. 

LB play is huge in Saleh's system and he really relies on them to cover a lot of ground and cover even down the field. Edge rushers is obviously a big need that needs to be addressed but if you don't have good LB play, his system is not going to very effective. Mosley returning will be big and hopefully he stays healthy. 

Overall I don't think next year you guys will have a great amount of success but starting from 2022 on the team should be very competitive. 

• Like 1
Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So a couple of things about Saleh, I actually hate how people just think he is a high energy defensive guy who the players love. His best quality is actually the way he is able to communicate and how smart he is. I encourage you guys to watch some of his pressers from the season just to see how he handles the press and how much insight he has in his answers. 

A couple of players I think Saleh will be interesting in bringing with him to NYJ from SF are Tartt, Witherspoon and possibly Verrett. Tartt is a very solid player but he is injury prone and the Niners look like they will roll with the Moore/Ward duo going forward. K.Williams is a hell of a player but doesn't seem like you guys need any slot corner help so he may not be the guy following Saleh as many think. 

LB play is huge in Saleh's system and he really relies on them to cover a lot of ground and cover even down the field. Edge rushers is obviously a big need that needs to be addressed but if you don't have good LB play, his system is not going to very effective. Mosley returning will be big and hopefully he stays healthy. 

Overall I don't think next year you guys will have a great amount of success but starting from 2022 on the team should be very competitive. 

Mosley is getting older and has not played football for 2 seasons.

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Adam Shef just said Sam Darnold will most likely be the Jets QB next year and expect the Jets to trade down. I agree with this move because Fields and Wilson are not franchise QB and why force the pick. You can not mess up this pick 

Got a link for that? It's real early in the process to be making claims like that.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Mosley is getting older and has not played football for 2 seasons.

He's only 28 years old, nothing crazy. But if he can't be replied upon, then LB is going to have to be addressed in the draft. Saleh will target some athletic backers that can coverage and play in space. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We dont have the personnel right now at the 2nd most important spots you just named so thats going to be a tough transition for us but he's on a 5 year deal so he'll get at least 3 to turn it around.

For us as a fan base we really just want smart coaches giving players opportunities to make plays, good gameplans and competitive football. All the other stuff is secondary after what we've been through since Rex had lipo. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's only 28 years old, nothing crazy. But if he can't be replied upon, then LB is going to have to be addressed in the draft. Saleh will target some athletic backers that can coverage and play in space. 

Definitely.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Not confirmed.  Strong likely.

I would have to agree. I mean we do not even have an OC yet. I am sure the OC and QB coach are going to want to pour over game film and compare that to potential draft prospects and FA/trade candidates.