Jump to content

Jets hire HC Robert Saleh


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I would have to agree. I mean we do not even have an OC yet. I am sure the OC and QB coach are going to want to pour over game film and compare that to potential draft prospects and FA/trade candidates. 

Darnold is a fit skillset wise, its the mental aspects that will obviously hurt his chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We dont have the personnel right now at the 2nd most important spots you just named so thats going to be a tough transition for us but he's on a 5 year deal so he'll get at least 3 to turn it around.

For us as a fan base we really just want smart coaches giving players opportunities to make plays, good gameplans and competitive football. All the other stuff is secondary after what we've been through since Rex had lipo. 

Yeah, definitely isn't going to be a quick fix. But you guys have a lot of picks and cap space. I'm expecting a competitive, well coached team from 2022 on. 

Not having good LB play is a bummer though. Saleh made it work with a smart secondary and great LB play despite having a bottom 5 pass rush. But not having a pass rush, AND having bad LB play? Yeah, not sure what he can do with that lol. 

Are you guys more likely to take Wilson/Fields or Sewell with the 2nd pick? Or even trade down? Wilson would be fun in a Shanahan system and you guys already have a stud LT. But getting Sewell and building a great OL isn't the worst of things, especially if there is still some hope Darnold can turn it around with more help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saleh has spoken highly of Darnold and so has JD. He will be the QB but I bet they bring in a vet to go against him to push him. I’m just glad it looks like we will pass on a QB at 2 which makes me really happy. I think all these QB are boarder line starters after TLaw and you don’t burn the 2 pick on that. Give me Chase, Smith or Sewell or a trade down would be best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, definitely isn't going to be a quick fix. But you guys have a lot of picks and cap space. I'm expecting a competitive, well coached team from 2022 on. 

Not having good LB play is a bummer though. Saleh made it work with a smart secondary and great LB play despite having a bottom 5 pass rush. But not having a pass rush, AND having bad LB play? Yeah, not sure what he can do with that lol. 

Are you guys more likely to take Wilson/Fields or Sewell with the 2nd pick? Or even trade down? Wilson would be fun in a Shanahan system and you guys already have a stud LT. But getting Sewell and building a great OL isn't the worst of things, especially if there is still some hope Darnold can turn it around with more help. 

Schefter thinks we're keeping Darnold so a trade back makes sense but who knows. 

If Mosley and Peanut come back healthy and playing fast then I think we can be fine there but Mosley hasn't played in 2 years when next season starts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

 

 

Meh, I still think logic will prevail here. Schefty even prefaces this by saying it will depend on team meetings and whatnot, and says he "thinks" and "guesses" multiple times. I don't think the Jets plan to be picking high enough to get the QB2 of the draft for a long time. Darnold looks like damaged goods at this point and is going to need his 5th year option either picked up or declined real soon, which means an extension would need to come afterward. JD never got to pick his guy when he came on while Gase was here and Saleh I'm sure will want his own guy too. I'd still put my money on a QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Darnold vs Wilson. Let the debate begin. 

There is no debate. None of these QB will do Jack in the NFL only TLaw

the good news is we won’t waste a pick on these guys and get a solid stater or trade down. Then you add a few FA because players love to play for this guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Schefter thinks we're keeping Darnold so a trade back makes sense but who knows. 

If Mosley and Peanut come back healthy and playing fast then I think we can be fine there but Mosley hasn't played in 2 years when next season starts. 

Makes sense. Just pile up some picks in the first three rounds. If you guys trade down, then Parsons makes a lot of sense. He can be the Warner of the defense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Makes sense. Just pile up some picks in the first three rounds. If you guys trade down, then Parsons makes a lot of sense. He can be the Warner of the defense. 

Yeah Parsons flying around in the middle of the field would be fun to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah Parsons flying around in the middle of the field would be fun to watch.

Obviously you guys can go WR as well but I'd rather you guys just throw money at someone like Robinson and then go defense in the first round. But either way, exciting times ahead! Looking forward to seeing what you guys do. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...