Jump to content

Jets hire HC Robert Saleh


Recommended Posts

I like Watson as a QB but the more I read the more I am concerned he is another head case. He has not gone full Jamal yet but the writing is on the wall.

He is a player and does not need to be consulted on anything. He is not Brees or Brady or Rodgers. He has not earned that right just yet. He is getting paid quite a lot to be a QB. Shut up and play and let the FO get the HC. I worry he would be a distraction every time he feels slighted or the team does something he may not agree with even if it is not FB related.

Do we want that on this team?  Again?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xrade said:

I like Watson as a QB but the more I read the more I am concerned he is another head case. He has not gone full Jamal yet but the writing is on the wall.

He is a player and does not need to be consulted on anything. He is not Brees or Brady or Rodgers. He has not earned that right just yet. He is getting paid quite a lot to be a QB. Shut up and play and let the FO get the HC. I worry he would be a distraction every time he feels slighted or the team does something he may not agree with even if it is not FB related.

Do we want that on this team?  Again?  

he's a top 3 qb in the league.  you have to at least call about him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

he's a top 3 qb in the league.  you have to at least call about him.

Absolutely inquire but if I was JD, I would want to talk directly to Watson if that is even allowed which I doubt. I would really want to know where his head is at. As great as he is on the field, it still hurts the team if he is going to be a cancer. JD will NOT go through that again. Nor should he.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

Absolutely inquire but if I was JD, I would want to talk directly to Watson if that is even allowed which I doubt. I would really want to know where his head is at. As great as he is on the field, it still hurts the team if he is going to be a cancer. JD will NOT go through that again. Nor should he.

He’s not like that, the Texans have done everything they can to be push him out the door and seem to be more concerned with nepotism and backdoor deals than winning football games

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s not like that, the Texans have done everything they can to be push him out the door and seem to be more concerned with nepotism and backdoor deals than winning football games

I am just going by what I have read. The claim is that Watson is upset that they did not consult with him prior to the GM hire and he he believes the Texans are not active enough in social issues.

If true, he is fast becoming a problem. He is paid handsomely to play football. He does not have to be consulted on anything. If his social issues stances are bleeding into the locker room causing a distraction then that too is a problem.

Unless he comes out and states otherwise, I am inclined to believe those stories and I am not sure why anyone would think differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am just going by what I have read. The claim is that Watson is upset that they did not consult with him prior to the GM hire and he he believes the Texans are not active enough in social issues.

If true, he is fast becoming a problem. He is paid handsomely to play football. He does not have to be consulted on anything. If his social issues stances are bleeding into the locker room causing a distraction then that too is a problem.

Unless he comes out and states otherwise, I am inclined to believe those stories and I am not sure why anyone would think differently.

Here’s the thing. The Texans told him he would be consulted and didn’t consult him. The Texans also disrespected the entire locker room when they called them inmates. He’s also not paid handsomely, he’s underpaid if we’re being honest. 

You want him to shut up and play football, it’s not happening nor should it. The good thing about our team and ownership(CJ anyway) is they’ve been active in supporting their players beliefs for social justice.

Watson wanting the Texans to at least show they care isn’t too much to ask for. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Here’s the thing. The Texans told him he would be consulted and didn’t consult him. The Texans also disrespected the entire locker room when they called them inmates. He’s also not paid handsomely, he’s underpaid if we’re being honest. 

You want him to shut up and play football, it’s not happening nor should it. The good thing about our team and ownership(CJ anyway) is they’ve been active in supporting their players beliefs for social justice.

Watson wanting the Texans to at least show they care isn’t too much to ask for. 

This guy Jack Easterby is the main problem from what I can tell, they hired a consulting firm to help narrow out GM candidates and they hired one that wasn’t even recommended 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

This guy Jack Easterby is the main problem from what I can tell, they hired a consulting firm to help narrow out GM candidates and they hired one that wasn’t even recommended 

Yup and went right back to the Patriots for leadership. It would like us firing Gase and hiring Bob. Slightly better but we’ve seen this movie before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...