49ers expected to Hire Demeco ryan as DC

49erurtaza

I like that we are hiring with in. He's a smart guy with high level intelligence from playing high level career. I think he can be as good as Saleh if not better with a heathy D this season. I think can be a head coach in two seasons.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

I'm really fascinated by what he runs. I don't love the traditional cover three if we are going to be honest. But I love that we have guys from different backgrounds that we can throw different looks in. I'm hopeful we keep that moving forward

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wonder why smart players who had good careers becoming coaches isn't more of a thing? Love the promotion of Ryans!

The hours. They work a zillion hours a week compared to most players, and don't get a huge payday unless you are a head coach. Also an occupation where you have to move around a lot with not much job security. I know that's the NFL in general, but at least as a player, especially if you had a good career, it might not seem worth it. Terrell Owens said as much when he was asked if he ever wanted to coach. Some of these players get deals to be involved in sports media too after they retire, and just ride that fact check via the television business. 

I remember an interview with Ryans a few years ago I think with Matt Maiocco on his podcast, and Matt tried to ask him ballpark what type of money he was making. Ryans didn't reveal the amount, but just insinuated it really isn't much in comparison to what he made as a player. I think he was just a quality control coach at the time. 

Also, just the simple fact that folks just have no desire to teacher others. Playing was more the passion. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Feel proud that I was calling this like week 2 of the season before it became a thing lol. 

Pff... I called it in 2011. "One day, at the age of 36, Demeco will be our DC, and people will be happy about it." I just know things you guys don't. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Pff... I called it in 2011. "One day, at the age of 36, Demeco will be our DC, and people will be happy about it." I just know things you guys don't. 

You are a proven nostradamus though, so you don't count! 

Please do tell who our long snapper will be in 2030????