Falcons hired Arthur Smith as Head Coach

ACO

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

They can. Or they can actually draft something they need.

This is how I think that they will proceed...I actually see a fairly high likelihood that they trade down, but in truth, all options are on the table in my opinion. If I were them, I'd try and trade down to an area where their needs coincide with BPA and pick up best extra picks. 

Just now, Forge said:

This is how I think that they will proceed...I actually see a fairly high likelihood that they trade down, but in truth, all options are on the table in my opinion. If I were them, I'd try and trade down to an area where their needs coincide with BPA and pick up best extra picks. 

I think they try to trade down to like 10-12 and pick up a 2022 1st round pick and then go Najee Harris. Sure, it'd be high for Najee, but it's the Falcons biggest offensive need with Smith coming in.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think they try to trade down to like 10-12 and pick up a 2022 1st round pick and then go Najee Harris. Sure, it'd be high for Najee, but it's the Falcons biggest offensive need with Smith coming in.

Unless it's for a QB, I think you're going to be hard pressed to get a future FRP.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless it's for a QB, I think you're going to be hard pressed to get a future FRP.

They are in a good spot for that though, especially if the Jets really do pass on QB. 

If the Falcons are willing to go from 4 to 12 and the niners only have to give up next years first and don't do it, I'll be sad lol

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are in a good spot for that though, especially if the Jets really do pass on QB. 

If the Falcons are willing to go from 4 to 12 and the niners only have to give up next years first and don't do it, I'll be sad lol

I'm not sure I anticipate the Jets pass on a QB.  Or at least not a team picking at 2.  I think the latest iteration of the rumor was that the Jets were either going to go QB at 2 or trade the pick and build around Darnold.  I'd be surprised if the top 2 picks weren't QBs in some variation.

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Zach Wilson is gonna be there at 4. And the Falcons trading down with SF would make sense. 

I do think one of the QBs will be available at 4, although I'm not sure it's Wilson.  Could easily be Fields.  And would Atlanta pass on the local kid?

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I anticipate the Jets pass on a QB.  Or at least not a team picking at 2.  I think the latest iteration of the rumor was that the Jets were either going to go QB at 2 or trade the pick and build around Darnold.  I'd be surprised if the top 2 picks weren't QBs in some variation.

Agreed. Even if you think the Jets pass on QB, I don't see how they actually make a pick at 2. I honestly just don't love the value if you're doing anything other than QB there. 

48 minutes ago, scar988 said:

As a Saints fan...I want no part of Najee Harris. A trade down from #4 or a move up from the 2nd round would probably get it done. I'd be pretty pissed if he somehow fell to their current second round pick...and unfortunately, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

What would those be?

1. He doesn’t call plays. This is kind of a big deal since his biggest draw is that he is the OC of an amazing offense. However he does not call the plays, Reid does (and Reid’s tree is just far stronger on the defensive side than offensive side) and I don’t think many in the league consider it terribly hard to succeed with Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Watkins (along with Hunt and now EH). Also as far as Mahomes goes, most people are giving Mike Kafka credit for his development. 

2. There’s been reports for multiple seasons he doesn’t interview well. It’s kinda an open secret at this point.

3. He has some legal baggage in the past that isn’t a great look and owners probably aren’t excited about being drudged up if he gets a high profile job. 

The combination of that plus having to wait for playoff runs has been an issue. Maybe he gets something this year, but I think it’s telling that the most desirable locations took a pass. 

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cant say I've watched a whole lot of Darnold in action.....but think the "trade and amass picks/talent" route would be best. Again - subject to a good evaluation of Darnold's skills (which I cant make....). They need talented bodies on that roster. It's not that I care a great deal either :)

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably gonna be the 12, the 2nd rounder AND next year's 1st.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I do think one of the QBs will be available at 4, although I'm not sure it's Wilson.  Could easily be Fields.  And would Atlanta pass on the local kid?

I think they would when they realize how well Ryan fits Smith's offense based around being accurate and efficient. They'd be better off trading down.

25 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

As a Saints fan...I want no part of Najee Harris. A trade down from #4 or a move up from the 2nd round would probably get it done. I'd be pretty pissed if he somehow fell to their current second round pick...and unfortunately, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

I'd love Najee here. But I think he's gonna go higher than most realize.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Probably gonna be the 12, the 2nd rounder AND next year's 1st.

Just depends on what kind of demand there is for the pick and what the other offers are. Getting a just a future first wouldn't be the worst return in history for that sort of move. The Raiders only got a second for it in 2013.