Falcons hired Arthur Smith as Head Coach

On 1/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, Gmen said:

I don't think a running oriented hire is a good hire in today's passing league.  The only reason the Titans have had moderate success with it is the personnel. 

To put it in terms Arthur might understand, he's doing ground shipping when he should be shipping on FedEx Air

Sure but it doesn't hurt to have a coach who knows how to run with his team. The best coaches in this league know to hire people who excel at what they themselves aren't great at.

Always been a fan of Arthur Smith, always seemed to be a pretty level headed OC that is flexible with the players he has. Can't ask for anything more.

Also caught a interview of him on Taylor Lewan's podcast, apparently he's great with players too & they love playing for him. Just not a flashy guy.

Great hire for Atlanta tbh.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This guy gives me such a weird vibe.

Yeah, He's definitely very boring in interviews. I'm a bit confused how he got there. But he's also kind of belichickian in interviews. Just straightforward and to the point, and that's it. Doesn't seem like a politician. Quinn was a politician.

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This guy gives me such a weird vibe.

I got weird vibes when he told Corey Davis in practice to finish the ffing play to Corey Davis when he got injured. Anyone know where to find that it's on video

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, He's definitely very boring in interviews. I'm a bit confused how he got there. But he's also kind of belichickian in interviews. Just straightforward and to the point, and that's it. Doesn't seem like a politician. Quinn was a politician.

How was Quinn apolitician just curious.? Arthur just kept rambling lol it was a political like fillabustet

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I might just chalk it up to sleep deprivation - dude looks SO TIRED, you can see it in his eyes. But also just looks like weird, creepy dude.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I got weird vibes when he told Corey Davis in practice to finish the ffing play to Corey Davis when he got injured. Anyone know where to find that it's on video

How was Quinn apolitician just curious.? Arthur just kept rambling lol it was a political like fillabustet

No idea. And Quinn was a politician behind the scenes and always had buzz words to worry about. Smith is just like, "here's how it is" on interviews.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I might just chalk it up to sleep deprivation - dude looks SO TIRED, you can see it in his eyes. But also just looks like weird, creepy dude.

That is probably what it is more than anything.

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

got weird vibes when he told Corey Davis in practice to finish the ffing play to Corey Davis when he got injured. Anyone know where to find that it's on video

He quickly apologized after he found out he was injured. The players loved Arthur

• Like 1

art definitely gives a weird vibe in his interviews but his players loved him. it's basically been 2 years of our offensive players talking about how they'd run through a wall for the guy and the tributes and congratulations from them since he became a HC are still pouring in. he definitely has question marks as a head coach, but i don't suspect that that part of the job will be an issue with him. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

art definitely gives a weird vibe in his interviews but his players loved him. it's basically been 2 years of our offensive players talking about how they'd run through a wall for the guy and the tributes and congratulations from them since he became a HC are still pouring in. he definitely has question marks as a head coach, but i don't suspect that that part of the job will be an issue with him. 

He's not Adam Gase creepy so that's a plus

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Where'd Mark Trestmen rank on your creepy scale ? Reminded me of the guy from willy wonka

Gene Wilder was a national treasure. How dare you!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292r1h5f3dk00edcqd0l