Urban's Coaching Staff - News & Notes

.Buzz

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

If true I suppose 🤷‍♂️.. not terribly exciting but not discouraging either.

Morris would be a HR hire at DC imo.

HC experience, was a runner up for our gig, and a highly respected mind.

I wasn't even against Morris as a HC (although lower on my list), as a DC? Yes please.

Just now, ACO said:

I like this better than Linehan as OC. 

Based on the video that dropped it doesn't sound like he's narrowed it to one guy at any of the coordinator spots/most of the coaching staff.

Lot of interest in the gigs. Linehan may end up getting it, but that report sounds like it was jumping the gun.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Morris would be a HR hire at DC imo.

HC experience, was a runner up for our gig, and a highly respected mind.

I wasn't even against Morris as a HC (although lower on my list), as a DC? Yes please.

I agree 100%. He is being looked at as HC (though I wasn't high on it) but snagging him as the DC? This is would be an excellent hire, IMO. 

As for Linehan -- meh. I am glad it sounds like it looking around but I am just soooooo underwhelmed by that man. He is the last person I want calling plays for a rookie Trevor Lawrence. 

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I agree 100%. He is being looked at as HC (though I wasn't high on it) but snagging him as the DC? This is would be an excellent hire, IMO. 

As for Linehan -- meh. I am glad it sounds like it looking around but I am just soooooo underwhelmed by that man. He is the last person I want calling plays for a rookie Trevor Lawrence. 

He was the guy in Detroit with Stafford and in Dallas for Dak. He's not a popular guy for me, but he's also helped develop young QBs before and that counts for something.

Just now, .Buzz said:

He was the guy in Detroit with Stafford and in Dallas for Dak. He's not a popular guy for me, but he's also helped develop young QBs before and that counts for something.

Meh. I don't credit much of him for Dak. I am no Garrett fan but it clear that he along with the old QB coach and the current OC who was his also backup really developed him. Linehan didn't really set him up to succeed which is why he was booted. I won't knock him to bad. He is not awful. Maybe time off did him well but his style of play is just so tired.

14 minutes ago, ACO said:

Meh. I don't credit much of him for Dak. I am no Garrett fan but it clear that he along with the old QB coach and the current OC who was his also backup really developed him. Linehan didn't really set him up to succeed which is why he was booted. I won't knock him to bad. He is not awful. Maybe time off did him well but his style of play is just so tired.

Not saying he was the reason for their development, but you can't deny the OC was apart of it.

And again, Stafford/Detroit prior with a defensive minded HC in Schwartz.

The more I see about Linehan the more I like.

Dave Campo on 1010 talked about his time in Dallas. When he was in Detroit he helped orchestrate a pass happy, high flying offense. Went to Dallas under Jason Garrett and was hamstrung/did what he could.

17 years of NFL experience, former HC, lot of OC experience/calling plays. I may be here for it.

I'm sure I know the answer to this but..........

If we're talking about bringing in an OC with HC experience.............how low does Jay Gruden rank on the wishlist? I doubt it's even possibly in the cards but I kinda forgot he even existed until just now lol