Urban's Coaching Staff - News & Notes

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Like I said, the players will police this imo. Just a shame all the current excitement had to be taken down a notch with this. 

Are they going to police it, or are they just going to all push their way out again?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Cullen is a much easier guy to make a case for, as far as second chances go

Yup. Cullen admitted what was wrong, went to rehab, apparently still goes to Alcoholics Anonymous, quit drinking. Perfect case for guy to have a second chance. 

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Like I said, the players will police this imo. Just a shame all the current excitement had to be taken down a notch with this. 

Yea i think plenty of non Jag fans we’re excited for some of our moves but this one is hit with a resounding “this will end very badly and is a black eye on the whole team” type of deal. 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, .Buzz said:

Last big assistant I believe.

The first thing that randomly popped into my head, was wondering if this guy had any relation to Jalen Parmele.  Until i realized it's not even the same name.  I don't even know why i remember Jalen Parmele existed as a Jaguars RB tbh.  lol.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, pwny said:

Are they going to police it, or are they just going to all push their way out again?

Yeah.  This is the question and potential issue.  The players may "police it" to an extent, but if the organization gains a reputation as one that even needs to be "policed" like that, it becomes an unattractive destination.  People quickly get tired of bringing to light and ragging on things that shouldn't need to be dragged, because they shouldn't be happening.  At some point, players stop bothering to "police" anything, and just opt to exercise every tool at their disposal to avoid or extricate themselves from the organization altogether.

It's especially dangerous to see the team treading into that territory, when the organizations reputation on this stuff is already absolutely abysmal...and we're talking about trying to "start fresh" with a clean slate.  Terrible message to send, especially when your goodwill is already so desperately fragile to begin with.

21 hours ago, pwny said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Urban found a spot on his staff for Tebow. 

We're adding everyone else under the sun it seems like.  So sure, why not.

Make him an assistant "rah rah speeches and pre-game prayer" coordinator.  Or put him in the QB room as the head "what not to do" director.