3 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

So it looks like our defensive staff will be:

DC Raheem Morris

DL Joe Cullen

LB Charlie Strong 

DB Chris Ash

AST Bob Sutton

Quite the group.

Bob Sutton as a DC was meh, but whole hell of a lot of experience to add to that defensive room.

7 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Apparently we requested permission to talk to Anthony Weaver too. 

Where'd you see this?

I remember he was a rumored name early in the process/prior to Urban getting hired. Either him or Cullen would be A-Ok with me.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

luKR08c.png

Lol...no kidding.

Urban will have a bigger hand in the O though I imagine. Not playcalling, but game planning/scheming I'd imagine he's involved.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Urban will have a bigger hand in that though I imagine. Not playcalling, but game planning/scheming I'd imagine he's involved.

It's just weird that we have all this buzz around Lawrence, and for some guys like a QB coach, this could be a fast track to rising up the ranks or the perfect spot for a lifer. And yet the only interesting name is Scott Linehan. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

It's just weird that we have all this buzz around Lawrence, and for some guys like a QB coach, this could be a fast track to rising up the ranks or the perfect spot for a lifer. And yet the only interesting name is Scott Linehan. 

The fact nothing's been official I imagine he's just one of the main options, but it seems like Urban seems intent on getting a veteran coordinator. 

Most coordinators who have been around the block aren't going to be sexy because they've been hired/fired several times in their career so there's obvious warts. 

A guy like Pep or Caldwell would be tremendous imo. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

The fact nothing's been official I imagine he's just one of the main options, but it seems like Urban seems intent on getting a veteran coordinator. 

Most coordinators who have been around the block aren't going to be sexy because they've been hired/fired several times in their career so there's obvious warts. 

A guy like Pep or Caldwell would be tremendous imo. 

I meant more so that there's no position coaches coming out as options on that side either. The defense, we've had rumors for practically every position. But there's nothing there for the offense. No lifer OL coach linked to us, no up and coming QB coach linked. Just a couple OCs with head coaching history and nothing else really.