Death Note Mafia - TKN Edition (Kira and Sakura TV wins!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Chances are there are 4 death note kills, but it requires knowledge that those players wouldnt have N1. Some sort of investigation (Shingami eyes) would have to be used first. I would assume that not all of those would be anti-town hits as I presume that Mello is a SK-Other aligned. 

Outside of those, there are potentially other hits which is why we had a bodyguard with a protect. 

So what you're claiming is that Mafia (and whatever alignments are in the game) just take the L on N1 with no kills, and then every other kill in the game (assuming there are any) either got roleblocked or hit a protected role?

That's an awful lot of assumptions you're asking me to believe.

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

I believe L is in the game

Then why are you questioning why people think he would or could be our most powerful Town role?

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I see a lot of people assuming things right before they question other people’s speculations. Why is L our most powerful town again? I’ll wait 

VC

Matts4313 - 5 - The Orca, Shinigami B, Malfatron, SwAg, Daniel

Malfatron - 3 - squire12, Matts4313, Whicker

Blue - 1 - theuntouchable

The Orca - 1 - MWil23

bcb1213 - 1 - Forge

Daboyle - 1 - Lind L. Tailor

MWil23 - 1 - Shinigami A

theuntouchable - 1 - Pickle Rick

Yet to vote: JoshstraDaymus, Nazgul, Daboyle, bigbadbuff, swoosh, bcb1213, kingseanjohn, Tk3, SirA1, gopherwrestler, Blue, Counselor, Shinigami C, Shinigami D, MD4L

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Then why are you questioning why people think he would or could be our most powerful Town role?

Because I don’t like the assumption that he’s our more valuable/powerful town just because. That’s a bad assumption 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So what you're claiming is that Mafia (and whatever alignments are in the game) just take the L on N1 with no kills, and then every other kill in the game (assuming there are any) either got roleblocked or hit a protected role?

That's an awful lot of assumptions you're asking me to believe.

I am saying that for the deathnote to be used, the bearer of the book needs to know both the persons name and character (or a similar mechanic). On any given night, the note-bearer most likely has the option of using the shingami eyes to investigate someone *OR* writing a name and character down in hopes of killing someone.

Hence, if someone (me) were to soft L all day, there is potential that a note-bearer wrote down "Matts is L, kill him" in their book last night and it failed. It was worth a shot, anyways.

Its sad that I have to spell all this out. @Malfatron knew exactly what I was doing. Hence why him playing dumb is one more scum tell. 

Malf also knew the "connecting dots" between A=Apple and A=Ryuk is the fact that RYUK EATS APPLES THE ENTIRE SHOW! He 100% understood the reference, hell we joked about it in his game when I kept posting apple gifs. 

Malf is scum. I am very confident in this. 

PS- Malfs next move is the classic "Matts is wrong but I believe he thinks he is right" schtick. Oh wait, hes going to have to pull something new. Lets see what he comes up with!

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I am saying that for the deathnote to be used, the bearer of the book needs to know both the persons name and character (or a similar mechanic). On any given night, the note-bearer most likely has the option of using the shingami eyes to investigate someone *OR* writing a name and character down in hopes of killing someone.

Hence, if someone (me) were to soft L all day, there is potential that a note-bearer wrote down "Matts is L, kill him" in their book last night and it failed. It was worth a shot, anyways.

Its sad that I have to spell all this out. @Malfatron knew exactly what I was doing. Hence why him playing dumb is one more scum tell. 

Malf also knew the "connecting dots" between A=Apple and A=Ryuk is the fact that RYUK EATS APPLES THE ENTIRE SHOW! He 100% understood the reference, hell we joked about it in his game when I kept posting apple gifs. 

Malf is scum. I am very confident in this. 

PS- Malfs next move is the classic "Matts is wrong but I believe he thinks he is right" schtick. Oh wait, hes going to have to pull something new. Lets see what he comes up with!

I get what you're saying. I'm saying I think it's a massive stretch to believe absolutely no scum could kill on N1.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Alright.  Matts.

I can't make much sense of this L business either way, I mean, it seems like an awful move if you're either town or scum, but I guess I can see a scenario where it makes sense if he's scum and has x-shot abilities or something like that.

I just can't make it make sense as a town move.

You, in my opinion, seem to be "fake torn" about voting for Matts, and the Shinigami vote as the reason to give you pause comes across as manufactured.

Also, @Whicker, I don't know for certain that L is, but I'd wager if he's in the game he'd be up there...and this is based off of the past 2 Death Note games, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Well from the past 2 games with this theme, I'd say he probably is the most valuable/powerful.  

And I’d say based on Witcher and Dark Souls and Star Trek (a Nacho game) that character importance =\= strength in a mafia game 

Just now, Whicker said:

It’s also a reasonable assumption based on N1 that there’s only one kill in this game 

No, it's not, and I've already pointed out why it's not. Either game would take ******* forever or scum would get rolled with little to no resistance, unless you're gonna try to claim there's no investigative roles in the game.

Just now, MWil23 said:

You, in my opinion, seem to be "fake torn" about voting for Matts, and the Shinigami vote as the reason to give you pause comes across as manufactured.

Also, @Whicker, I don't know for certain that L is, but I'd wager if he's in the game he'd be up there...and this is based off of the past 2 Death Note games, nothing more.

And I’m saying that’s a terrible base