Broncos LB Von Miller under criminal investigation

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Not with a DV case.  With DV you are guilty until proven innocent.  

Well, not sure I agree there.  But I would suggest there at least be charges, and an actual account of the events in question...just saying.   The PD has to investigate every accusation.   May want to at least see charges before getting to that stage above.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Well, not sure I agree there.  But I would suggest there at least be charges, and an actual account of the events in question...just saying.   The PD has to investigate every accusation.   May want to at least see charges before getting to that stage above.

No...it's true.  In Denver if you are accused of DV you go to jail no matter what, then you post bail, and then they investigate.  

Just now, jsthomp2007 said:

Not with a DV case.  With DV you are guilty until proven innocent.  

Unfortunately, in Colorado that's fairly accurate. CO is a "shall arrest" state. This means that if the police have reasonable suspicion (51%) that domestic violence took place, by statute they HAVE to arrest one of the parties. Give you two guesses which one of the two its going to be. 

40 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

No...it's true.  In Denver if you are accused of DV you go to jail no matter what, then you post bail, and then they investigate.  

Being arrested and incarcerated after being accused of a crime is par for the course in this country, for many crimes- but clearly you don't have a firm grasp on the criminal justice system to begin with.