I've Switched Teams. Is That "Kosher?"

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I mean they are and I hate them. And I'd say the same thing about any and every team in the league if I was a fan of them too, with the exception of New England (but I'd be close on turning on them too), and the Chiefs (but believe me a couple false moves and I'd toss them in the fire too).

Being fan is stressful. At least your team has had recent success.

It just really sucks as a fan when you feel like you see SO much more than the owners do from a realistic standpoint.  I don't mean irrational ideas or overreacting either....I mean REAL views on where the team is going and what the REAL problems are. 

At the end of the day its about entertainment and enjoyment.

Your team also feels like an extension of your family or friends in some small way.

If you don't feel that with the Vikings and want to try to feel it with the Jags then go ahead.

If teams can fire players, coaches, GMs, sell to different owners, and move cities then you can switch teams.

• Like 1

Did you think about ownership before you made the switch? Anyway, you chose an AFC team, which is good. Maybe you could still be a Vikings fan, but just have a second team in the AFC you support at arms length. That way, you aren't ripping the bandage off. You might find watching Jaguars football isn't your thing. But I don't know, if you're ready to bounce so be it. I like Jacksonville too. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's where I've gotten with the Minnesota Timberwolves. 

its ironic because the timberwolves are the jaguars of the nba, and the bucks are the vikings of the nba.

Do what makes you happy, but if you are able to change your team simply because they haven't reached the top it makes me wonder if you ever really had a passion for them in the way you seem to describe. I couldn't ever do it. I am emotionally attached to my team and I know I could never find another team to replace them, even in another sport. I also wonder... what happens if the Vikings put it together and come up with the big one here soon? Do you go back? Do you cheer for them as your own again? 

Again, do what makes you happy, but this is something I just can't relate to at all.

• Like 1

As the saying goes "You do you" and don't worry about other people. I've switched baseball teams after that team felt it was ok to tank and lose year after year with a garbage owner. I may be a poor example but I don't hold it against anybody and honestly don't care what others think about it. You have your reasons for doing this and if they're valid in your mind other people's opinions don't matter. 

I almost switched from being a Rams fan when She traded Eric Dickerson but in the end stuck with them. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

What do you think?  Am I justified in changing teams, or am I a lousy fan who has no real loyalty? 

Root for whoever you want to.  Don't let others' opinions make it for you.

• Like 2

Players can jump from one team to another, coaches can... why the hell can't a fan who literally makes no money for their loyalty?

Fans owe teams and players nothing. Root for whoever you want Buck!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was hoping to find a team where I could watch their games on TV after I retire and move down south. 

Ahem.... And I thought we had a good thing going, you and I. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dan had the choice of bringing in guys to help win or pocketing it. With no penalty. That choice was pretty easy for him.

You do understand thats not how that works, right? It gets carried over. So he can spend it this year if he wants.

Also, although its mostly irrelevant, there is a cap floor.