2021 TCMD - Inside the Locker

ny92mike

1. Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence
Lawrence is a generational talent, no further comment needed!

2. Jets - Justin Fields
The smokescreen flies open and the Jets hope to have found their franchise QB another time.

3. Chargers - Penei Sewell
Breathe a sigh of relief after all the talk out of New York. The Chargers get an absolute blue chip talent with Sewell, who should protect Herbert's left side for the next few years.

4. Falcons - Micah Parsons.
The Falcons get the highest rated defender and help an already much improved defense even more.

5. Bengals - Patrick Surtain
With Sewell already gone, another receiver or Pitts would be an option here. However, the Bengals go with Patrick Surtain and bolster a talented and already strong secondary.

6. Eagles - Ja'Marr Chase
You'll be very happy in Philly! Ja'Marr Chase falls out of the top 5 thanks to the Dolphins trade and will make an exciting duo for the future along with Reagor.

7. Lions - Zack Wilson
An absolute dream scenario for the Lions. With Zack Wilson, they get their next franchise QB and continue to fill out their already big QB room.

8. Panthers - Trey Lance
In reality, you would probably trade here to get ahead of the Lions. However, they get their much needed QB in Lance, who will initially sit behind Trubisky for a few games. Little bit of a reach, but you don't pick a franchise QB in every draft.

9. Lions - Devonta Smith
The offense around Wilson already looks strong, but with DeVonta Smith they get the BPA here, who will make a very exciting receiving trio with Golladay and Smith-Schuster.

10. Cowboys - Caleb Farley
Maybe another receiver who can contend for playing time in the best receiving room by far? Not really. They go to the other side of the ball and get some much needed help in their secondary with Farley.  

11. Giants - Wyatt Davis
It will be the final season for Daniel Jones to prove he is a franchise QB. After already getting two new receivers in Williams and Washington, he now gets another protector in Wyatt Davis to help the offensive line.

12. 49'ers - Jaylen Waddle
Cornerback with Wade would be an option here or another tight end with Kyle Pitts, but the 49ers ultimately opt for the third of the top receivers in this draft and select Waddle as their 13th (!) receiver on the roster.

13. Dolphins - Alex Leatherwood
The Dolphins still have a variety of needs. Pitts would be the BPA here, but the gaps in the O-Line are too big, so they go with their best remaining protector in Alex Leatherwood.

14. Vikings - Alijah Vera-Tucker
I'm normally a big fan of BPA, but the Vikings still have a huge hole in their offensive line that they can fill with Vera-Tucker here.

15. Falcons - Kyle Pitts
No real need, but this is where we're at with BPA. Pitts drops surprisingly deep and the Falcons would definitely throw their "no receiver in round one" motto out of the window in a case like this!

16. Cardinals - Shaun Wade
Several directions become possible here. O-line help could be needed for Murray, as well as another receiver besides Hopkins. But the Cardinals go BPA and select Wade as Patrick Peterson's successor.

9 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Cornerback with Wade would be an option here or another tight end with Kyle Pitts, but the 49ers ultimately opt for the third of the top receivers in this draft and select Waddle as their 13th (!) receiver on the roster.

Honestly mostly just names on that list. No idea what a Matt Cole or Austin Proehl even is.

7 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

1. Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence
Lawrence is a generational talent, no further comment needed!

2. Jets - Justin Fields
The smokescreen flies open and the Jets hope to have found their franchise QB another time.

3. Chargers - Penei Sewell
Breathe a sigh of relief after all the talk out of New York. The Chargers get an absolute blue chip talent with Sewell, who should protect Herbert's left side for the next few years.

4. Falcons - Micah Parsons.
The Falcons get the highest rated defender and help an already much improved defense even more.

5. Bengals - Patrick Surtain
With Sewell already gone, another receiver or Pitts would be an option here. However, the Bengals go with Patrick Surtain and bolster a talented and already strong secondary.

You'll be very happy in Philly! Ja'Marr Chase falls out of the top 5 thanks to the Dolphins trade and will make an exciting duo for the future along with Reagor.

7. Lions - Zack Wilson
An absolute dream scenario for the Lions. With Zack Wilson, they get their next franchise QB and continue to fill out their already big QB room.

8. Panthers - Trey Lance
In reality, you would probably trade here to get ahead of the Lions. However, they get their much needed QB in Lance, who will initially sit behind Trubisky for a few games. Little bit of a reach, but you don't pick a franchise QB in every draft.

9. Lions - Devonta Smith
The offense around Wilson already looks strong, but with DeVonta Smith they get the BPA here, who will make a very exciting receiving trio with Golladay and Smith-Schuster.

10. Cowboys - Caleb Farley
Maybe another receiver who can contend for playing time in the best receiving room by far? Not really. They go to the other side of the ball and get some much needed help in their secondary with Farley.  

11. Giants - Wyatt Davis
It will be the final season for Daniel Jones to prove he is a franchise QB. After already getting two new receivers in Williams and Washington, he now gets another protector in Wyatt Davis to help the offensive line.

13. Dolphins - Alex Leatherwood
The Dolphins still have a variety of needs. Pitts would be the BPA here, but the gaps in the O-Line are too big, so they go with their best remaining protector in Alex Leatherwood.

14. Vikings - Alijah Vera-Tucker
I'm normally a big fan of BPA, but the Vikings still have a huge hole in their offensive line that they can fill with Vera-Tucker here.

15. Falcons - Kyle Pitts
No real need, but this is where we're at with BPA. Pitts drops surprisingly deep and the Falcons would definitely throw their "no receiver in round one" motto out of the window in a case like this!

16. Cardinals - Shaun Wade
Several directions become possible here. O-line help could be needed for Murray, as well as another receiver besides Hopkins. But the Cardinals go BPA and select Wade as Patrick Peterson's successor.

I’m not sure the Jets are executing a smokescreen here, it doesn’t make sense to me. Saying they are taking Sewell means that the only people trying to trade up are those that want Sewell. Unless they are trying to get the Chargers to give them something to move up 1 spot to secure Sewell, it makes no sense. Anyone that wants to trade up for QB no longer has any need for pick 2 if they plan on going OL, as the 2nd QB won’t be going off the board until pick 4 at the earliest. If they really wanted to maximize trade value, they would hint they’re taking Wilson unless they got a huge package. That would force a QB needy team into a bind, right now they could just want to pick 4 and still land him and save picks wise. 

8 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m not sure the Jets are executing a smokescreen here, it doesn’t make sense to me. Saying they are taking Sewell means that the only people trying to trade up are those that want Sewell. Unless they are trying to get the Chargers to give them something to move up 1 spot to secure Sewell, it makes no sense. Anyone that wants to trade up for QB no longer has any need for pick 2 if they plan on going OL, as the 2nd QB won’t be going off the board until pick 4 at the earliest. If they really wanted to maximize trade value, they would hint they’re taking Wilson unless they got a huge package. That would force a QB needy team into a bind, right now they could just want to pick 4 and still land him and save picks wise. 

From your point of view you are absolutely right, but in such a simulated draft it is sometimes also about fun and just open a few stories in general. I'll believe it when it's really there. Even though I actually find the idea of Sewell and Becton exciting as well.

17 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Giants - Wyatt Davis

Is it just me but I believe the best IOL in this draft is Alijah Vera-Tucker USC.  Watching his highlights, again "highlights" but he's so good in space.  He lacks the strength of some of these other guys at this position but his footwork and technical skills are second to none, imo.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Is it just me but I believe the best IOL in this draft is Alijah Vera-Tucker USC.  Watching his highlights, again "highlights" but he's so good in space.  He lacks the strength of some of these other guys at this position but his footwork and technical skills are second to none, imo.

I have a 2nd round grade on Wyatt. I’m not sure Tucker isn’t a tackle though.

The Chargers moved up to the number 3, good chance if enough time passes they'd be willing to move up one more spot.  They obviously have a target in mind.  You don't move up that high this early if they don't.  Jets could force a trade to just move down one spot.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

1 hour ago, whodatOL said:

Sad thing is.. Chase and Reagor would've played together at TCU if not for NFL Network last minute change of plans

TCMD mock draft prior to round 4 of free agency.

Thought I would follow suit just to start a conversation tried to remember who has picked up what so far.

1. JAX - T Lawrence

2. NYJ - Z Wilson

3. LAC - P Sewell

4. ATL - J Fields

5. CIN - R Slater

6. PHI - L Chase

7. DET - C Farley

8. CAR - T Lance

9. DET - K Paye

10. DAL - M Parsons 

11. NYG - A Vera-Tucker

12. SF - J Waddle

13. MIA - C Darrisaw

14. MIN - G Rousseau

15. ATL - K Pitts 

16. ARI - P Surtain

17. LVR - A Ojulari

18. MIA - J Owesu-Koromoah

19. WFT - M Jones

20. CHI - K Trask

21. IND - J Mayfield

22. TEN - J Oweh 

23. NYJ - N Harris

24. PIT - C Humphrey

25. JAX - K Toney

26. NO - T Jenkins

27. BAL - L Dickerson

28. NO - A Samuel Jr

29. GB - C Basham

30. BUF - J Phillips

31. KC - J Horn

Edited by mountainpd

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was under the impression that I would pick 32 😊

I can see why you would want to it’s a horrible spot for the bears.

I was going to mock a trade sending M Evans to the lions for their two first rounder shut then saw they got wide receiver covered.

I think I need to be at number 13 ish to get my target but happy to talk pick 20 first as I may be able to pull off a three way trade.