2021 TCMD - Inside the Locker

ny92mike

New York Giants Add 2 More

0598 - Damon Harrison - 34DT

Damon "Snacks" Harrison is no longer starter quality as father time has caught up to this beast of a man.  Good news is we have quality starters and the Giants added him on a single year contract to provide some veteran leadership and rotational depth to the IDL.

1684 - Marcell Harris - S

He still is developing his coverage skills but from what I'm reading he's a heavy hitter-inside the box type safety that improves the K/P return defense, which is what I'm hoping I've got with him.  I've seen some reports that he might be a better fit at linebacker.

@Justone2 Anything to add, good or bad?

After trading Julian Love, we needed depth to backup what I consider one of the better safety tandems in the league with talents Logan Ryan, Jabrill Peppers and last years rookie Xavier McKinney.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

1684 - Marcell Harris - S

He still is developing his coverage skills but from what I'm reading he's a heavy hitter-inside the box type safety that improves the K/P return defense, which is what I'm hoping I've got with him.  I've seen some reports that he might be a better fit at linebacker.

@Justone2 Anything to add, good or bad?

As long as you keep him from any real safety work he is fine. Will miss some tackles and surely isn't the best in deep coverage. Was actually suprisingly decent when he played more of a LB type role.

Round 4

Green Bay adds a few value players with minimal long term investment

Raven Greene is back as a depth safety and ST player for 1 year vet minimum and no cost to cut.

Al-Quadin Muhammad is added at 3 years $5.1M with $960K in signing bonus.  Depth EDGE player that will push for 4th spot behind the Z, P Smith and Gary trio.

John Jenkins is added as a depth player behind Kenny Clark.  3 years $4.12M with $750K signing bonus.

Marcus Johnson is added on a 2 year $3.4M with $1.0M signing bonus.  Adds depth to the WR group and might signal a move off Funchess in a TC battle.  Johnson will also be given an opportunity to serve as the primary KR/PR

Raven Greene Base Salary Base Guar. Prorated
  $850,000   $0
  $965,000   $0

$1,815,000   $0

Al-Quadrin Muhammad Base Salary Base Guar. Prorated
  $920,000   $320,000
  $1,400,000   $320,000
  $1,900,000   $320,000

$4,220,000   $960,000

John Jenkins Base Salary Base Guar. Prorated
  $1,080,000   $250,000
  $1,120,000   $250,000
  $1,170,000   $250,000

$3,370,000   $750,000

Marcus Johnson Base Salary Base Guar. Prorated
  $920,000   $500,000
  $1,488,000   $500,000

$2,408,000   $1,000,000

8 hours ago, Justone2 said:

As long as you keep him from any real safety work he is fine. Will miss some tackles and surely isn't the best in deep coverage. Was actually suprisingly decent when he played more of a LB type role.

Was that outside or inside linebacker that he played for you guys?  Seems like inside he wouldn't be strong enough but what do I know.

Thanks for the feedback.

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The Cincinnati Bengals welcome the return of Brandon Wilson, a backup safety and top kickoff returners.

We were pleased to add DeSean Jackson as a deep threat. Cam Sutton played well both in the slot and outside for the Steelers last year, rating as the 30th best CB according to PFF. How much Ziggy Ansah has left is an open question but it is certainly worth finding out.

You about to have the fastest IR in the league 🔥

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Was that outside or inside linebacker that he played for you guys?  Seems like inside he wouldn't be strong enough but what do I know.

Thanks for the feedback.

More like that moneybacker role. I think he would be better off going the Mark Barron, Deone Bucannon way which i feel he has the size for. He isn't your old-school thumper but in a hybrid S/LB role where he plays mostly in the box he sure is at his best. 

• Like 1

As the draft gets undeway, here some leaks of Round 5 of Free Agency.

- As for right now, 10 teams haven't made any kinda of offer this round.

- In total 70 offers were made until now. 40 are UFA or Resign offers. 

- QBs and WRs are the most popular position. If anything changes 6 players from each position will be signed.

- CB are looking to cash in. Right now 23.57% of the money that will be give today will go to corners. 

• Like 1