Inside Carson Wentz’s regression : Jeff McLane.

Kiltman

Just seemed like a bad combination of Doug being a bit of a pushover with Howie and Wentz .... and Wentz being a entitled spoiled brat. I suspect that his ego has been shook every since that Superbowl win. He also saw two seasons in a row how his backup was reacted better than him by his teammates. 

Wentz is very very talented but people talk. Not a lot of people will want to deal with this nonsense. So for his sake I hope he takes it down a notch. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm fine with Doug leaving. But this problem is a personal problem that a 28 year old has not a toddler. It's entirely his fault for not being mature and open to coaching. 

Agreed, but it is what it is now. Look at what's happening in Houston, Deshaun wants out because ownership didn't give him a say in who the GM should be lol. Why tf should a QB have a say in who the GM should be?? That sets a bad precedent. Our issue now is that we have a generation of athletes who are not loyal to their teams and want to jump ship when things are going as expected for them. They are being paid to WIN games as the quote in Howie's office says. 

Another example is in another league, the NBA. James Harden practically forced his way out because he couldn't get past the first couple rounds by himself or gel well with other super stars brought to Houston. It's the age we live in. 

I don't see Watson or Wentz in the same view whatsoever though. I don't fault Watson in wanting to be included considering all the nonsense that front office has done in the past two years. He is tied to the franchise and he wants to see it succeed. But I will be damned if I just stand there and continue to see the ownership tear the team apart. It is hardly Watson who is pissed but he is the one making it public. And despite it all Watson still BALLED OUT. He did his job in spite of it all. Also Watson was promised to be included. Don't lie to the man. The lack of trust and respect is the biggest issue there.

Wentz is just a brat. He wasn't performing on or off the field. No leadership. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Agreed, but it is what it is now. Look at what's happening in Houston, Deshaun wants out because ownership didn't give him a say in who the GM should be lol. Why tf should a QB have a say in who the GM should be?? That sets a bad precedent. Our issue now is that we have a generation of athletes who are not loyal to their teams and want to jump ship when things are going as expected for them. They are being paid to WIN games as the quote in Howie's office says. 

Another example is in another league, the NBA. James Harden practically forced his way out because he couldn't get past the first couple rounds by himself or gel well with other super stars brought to Houston. It's the age we live in. 

Watson and Harden are both good though. Carson isnt. 

46 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Watson wants out because that team sucks and has absolutely no future, given their lack of draft picks and young talent. He's going to use everything else as an excuse to get out, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Watson wants out because that team sucks and has absolutely no future, given their lack of draft picks and young talent. He's going to use everything else as an excuse to get out, IMO. 

Right, and instead of trying something new approach in the FO, they kept Easterby and just hired another NE guy. I'd be frustrated too.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

did you just blame Doug for Carson being a piece of crap?

Is there a Eagles starting QB since you've joined this site you didn't view a POS?

Before you say Nick Foles, he is the QB that was bench for Mitch Friggen Trubisky.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm fine with Doug leaving. But this problem is a personal problem that a 28 year old has not a toddler. It's entirely his fault for not being mature and open to coaching. 

Didn't you already agree, Doug can't coach? Why listen to an idiot when you clearly know its *** backwards probably?

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is there a Eagles starting QB since you've joined this site you didn't view a POS?

Before you say Nick Foles, he is the QB that was bench for Mitch Friggen Trubisky.

There is a difference between being a bad player and being a crappy person. Carson  is both seems like.

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Didn't you already agree, Doug can't coach? Why listen to an idiot when you clearly know its *** backwards probably?

i just find the carson defenders so weird. Like he was a bottom two QB and there has always been word in the locker room that he was disliked and not accountable. Why do people have so much faith in a person they never met before?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There is a difference between being a bad player and being a crappy person. Carson  is both seems like.

He's a bad person because he doesn't hang out , go clubbing, get drinks and sing kumbaya with all 53 men on the roster?

Curious to know just how many are as religious and into their faith as Carson Wentz seems to be? We are talking about a player who refuses to watch sports media outlets and listen to the outside noise via Twitter, Snapshot, ect, as a 28yr old. 

He doesn't have to be liked by all if winning but when you aren't like this 4-12 season (🖕the tie), all that bubbles over. Funny how none of this was an issue last season when he took PS players on his back to make the playoffs and was praised by many of these same teammates for doing so?? 🤔🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i just find the carson defenders so weird. Like he was a bottom two QB and there has always been word in the locker room that he was disliked and not accountable. Why do people have so much faith in a person they never met before?

Yeah the guy is adored by some for being a pretty average player.

I liked Wentz at first, but at this point I'm sick of hearing about him. When there's smoke there's fire. If Wentz goes off to some other team and is successful, so be it. But both the Wentz and Eagles moving on from each other would seem to benefit both parties.