Inside Carson Wentz’s regression : Jeff McLane.

Kiltman

Feel like a lot of these articles are just twisting context to fit the easy clicks of ****ting on carson as a human being. An olinemen possibly saying "he's playing horribly bench him" and some people possibly saying he's stubborn somehow turns into "carson wentz is a horrible person, he is as likely to kick a baby as he is to throw an interception, he's basically satan walking the earth".

Yeah the whole smoke and fire saying applies but man this stuff seems dramatically overblown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

Feel like a lot of these articles are just twisting context to fit the easy clicks of ****ting on carson as a human being. An olinemen possibly saying "he's playing horribly bench him" and some people possibly saying he's stubborn somehow turns into "carson wentz is a horrible person, he is as likely to kick a baby as he is to throw an interception, he's basically satan walking the earth".

Yeah the whole smoke and fire saying applies but man this stuff seems dramatically overblown.

It's overblown, but I don't doubt that he is petty enough to change plays at the LoS just because he was having a power struggle with Doug. And if that one fact is true, it is a major issue.

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

these come out every year now it seems. Where there is smoke there's fire. Carson is probably just a POS.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's overblown, but I don't doubt that he is petty enough to change plays at the LoS just because he was having a power struggle with Doug. And if that one fact is true, it is a major issue.

I'm far more inclined to believe that carson is stubborn enough to think he knows better than his coach and changes the plays over the thought that he just doesn't like doug and changes them out of spite. Which is obviously just as bad; but it's the difference between attacking his ability as a player and attacking his character as a person.

Edited by Daimonas

21 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'm far more inclined to believe that carson is stubborn enough to think he knows better than his coach and changes the plays over the thought that he just doesn't like doug and changes them out of spite. Which is obviously just as bad; but it's the difference between attacking his ability as a player and attacking his character as a person.

Its also exactly what Dozens of other NFL QB numerous HOF'rs have done as well at the LOS? I think its an absolute joke people are trying to make that an issue.

Its been proven Doug is an atrocious play caller. Who better then the QB actually playing the game, reading the defense in front of him 20 seconds later after the play call to make the change? Put the Offense in a better position to get the 1st down? 

Name the Who's who of QB's in the NFL right now and they ALL have that at their disposal. Only the control freak OC/HC take that ability away from their FQB. Ala Lefuer last year trying to prove his genius with Rodgers the first month of the season. Telling him no audibles , run my plays like he's Jared Friggen Goff? Year and a 1/2 later his QB is going to be League MVP because he was not a stubborn idiot. 

Once again its only an issue when the team is struggling and losing games. 

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Doug can't scheme, or coach anyone else either. Doug also should have squashed any sort of outburst from Carson long ago before it got out of hand. Like the analogy posted above, if you're a parent that lets your child get away with things when they're young, they won't respect your authority when they get somewhat older.

This seems like you are blaming Doug for Carson being hard to coach.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Funny that of all people Chris Long is actually defending Wentz.

Did he defend him though? Sounded more like he was relating to him. Also, there is a big difference between your DE being stubborn and your QB. One is supposed to be the face and leader of your franchise, the other is Chris Long.

14 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The biggest red flag in all of this imo is the reports that the Hurts pick actually really affected him mentally. I think that the runs with Foles in 2017-18 and the injury in the 2019 playoff game probably shook his confidence a lot and the Hurts pick was the final straw. That said, if he just isn't mentally strong anymore I have serious doubts he ever gets out of this funk he is in.

This has probably been his mentality most his life. People like Wentz get coddled from a young age. Everything is easy when you have that size and talent. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Its also exactly what Dozens of other NFL QB numerous HOF'rs have done as well at the LOS? I think its an absolute joke people are trying to make that an issue.

Its been proven Doug is an atrocious play caller. Who better then the QB actually playing the game, reading the defense in front of him 20 seconds later after the play call to make the change? Put the Offense in a better position to get the 1st down? 

How would you know how "atrocious" a caller Doug is if none of his plays actually get called? Maybe thats the reason you guys look so better with back ups. They are actually running the plays that are called.

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Rodgers allegedly did this to McCarthy. Purposely changed every play to flex on the HC for power. Wouldnt shock me to hear other QBs do it as well.

Hell Aikman refused to speak to his HC for an entire season. Mutiny from a QB is not unheard of.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers allegedly did this to McCarthy. Purposely changed every play to flex on the HC for power. Wouldnt shock me to hear other QBs do it as well.

Hell Aikman refused to speak to his HC for an entire season. Mutiny from a QB is not unheard of.

Definitely, but at least Rodgers and Aikman are HOF talents. The fact that Wentz was this petty and stubborn as the worst QB in the league is telling.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah. This really kinda reminds me of the Phillies wasting so much time trying to hold onto what was after 2011 TBH.

Great parallel. That team had a similar guy running the show - Amaro tried to keep the team's window open by handing out bad contracts to older players.