Official Cleveland Cavs Thread: time to win the lottery...again!!!

buno67

We'll see.  Old man Wade..  Rose without kneecaps and IT carrying a potential hip injury.

TT is done.  Love isnt a 5.

Crowder can play D which will be a nice change.  

Kyrie is a big loss...  they havent replaced his offensive skills and IT is even worse on D

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

And yet nobody addressed the pic fail? @buno67

That’s strange that they are not showing up. I got them from the fearthesword site. Pictures were just the new guys

***Edit***

@Bonanza23 how are you trying to view this thread? On my phone the pictures dont show up, but when I am on my laptop or PC the pictures show up

Edited by buno67

8 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

We'll see.  Old man Wade..  Rose without kneecaps and IT carrying a potential hip injury.

TT is done.  Love isnt a 5.

Crowder can play D which will be a nice change.  

Kyrie is a big loss...  they havent replaced his offensive skills and IT is even worse on D

Rose with out kneecaps went 18/4/4 last year. Wade is a role player. 

TT is done? How so?

Love isn’t a true five but when playing a small ball line up to match the warriors he is just fine. No team is good enough with a legit big to threaten the Cavs. Even so that big Still has to come out to cover Love. 

Irving is a huge loss. IT and Irving were both bad defenders with IT being worse but I don’t see it making a difference since both always got abused about equally on defense. The real barometer on the Irving loss is if they are able to find someone like Rose Wade or IT who could actually lead the Cavs offense when James is on the bench. Irving killed it offensively but when James went to the bench, his effectiveness dropped. If the Cavs could put together a legit line up that can score while James is resting, it would make the loss of Irving sting a lot less

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this baby.

Cavs are done.  Stick a fork in them.

About to lose to the knicks, nets and magic in the space of a week.  I'll let them off losing to the pelicans, as the pelicans have a better team.

Cleveland wouldn't make the playoffs in the west.  Old, hip creaking franchise with injury prone players.  Guys like JR, TT, Wade, Frye should be retired.

Bron hasn't played any defense for 2 years now.  And he no longer has Kyrie to bail his butt out in the clutch.  

This is a 45 win team at best...  if they get lucky with injuries.  

Edited by Dan_Bali
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think the question is why? why are they struggling so much. New players? Not enough basketballs, Coach Lue sucks? They just like playing for real when playoffs start? Loss of Irving? Or any other reasons? I am not a Cav fan and don't watch but a few games, but I would like to hear answers on this one.

Since they fired David Blatt they have got worse and worse on defense every year.  

They are essentially a team that plays no D...  LeBron especially, he is consistently leaving shooters open with soft close outs.  Therefore the Cavs method of winning is basically beating their opponent in a shoot-out and hammering the boards for extra possessions.  However, TT circa 2017 has the hustle of my dead grandma and Love will always be out rebounded by a half decent centre.  Offensively wise,   they lost a juggernaut and a cold blooded killer in Kyrie and replaced him with injury prone old men (obviously they have Isiah to comeback at xmas who should improv things).  

They are on the way down and potentially could end up being a car crash of a franchise.  They have players on terrible contracts and have the lingering possibility of LeBron taking his fading talents to Los Angeles.  Also, the way the Nets are playing their first rnd pick they got for Kyrie may not end up being as good as they once hoped. 

Edited by Dan_Bali

59 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think the question is why? why are they struggling so much. New players? Not enough basketballs, Coach Lue sucks? They just like playing for real when playoffs start? Loss of Irving? Or any other reasons? I am not a Cav fan and don't watch but a few games, but I would like to hear answers on this one.

No system on offense. It’s one pass shoot. And on defense their bigs are too small. Love and TT offer no resistance inside. And our guards don’t contest shots. It’s just a mess. 

Wow we hear the same crap every year. Do you guys really have that short a memory?  There’s a reason I say the same thing every year, wake me up when the playoffs roll around. The Cavs DONT FREAKING CARE ABOUT THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!

if you don’t get it, read that sentence over and over again until it sinks in.  Good lord you people are a salesman’s dream. 

49 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wow we hear the same crap every year. Do you guys really have that short a memory?  There’s a reason I say the same thing every year, wake me up when the playoffs roll around. The Cavs DONT FREAKING CARE ABOUT THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!

if you don’t get it, read that sentence over and over again until it sinks in.  Good lord you people are a salesman’s dream. 

They should.  I actually think they cant coast this season like in years past.  I really believe the Wizards would give them a run for their money.  Celtics too if Hayward wasn't out for the season.