Official Cleveland Cavs Thread: time to win the lottery...again!!!

buno67

We suck in the 2nd quarter. This bench line up to be reworked

Dekker needs to be cut yesterday

Hopefully by the trade deadline we can pawn off Hill and Jr's basically expiring contract for a player with talent but just overpaid.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

We suck in the 2nd quarter. This bench line up to be reworked

Dekker needs to be cut yesterday

Hopefully by the trade deadline we can pawn off Hill and Jr's basically expiring contract for a player with talent but just overpaid.

Fournier and Vucevic for Hill and JR

20 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Would the Magic actually do that trade?

No lol

I thought Hill and JR’s contracts expired at the end of this season based off your last post but turns out they don’t expire until after 2019-20.

BUT if they did expire this year they would be stupid not to do it. Our PG’s suck so Hill would bolster that position while JR would provide similar range and efficiency to Fournier and Fournier’s contract would be off the books. Meanwhile it would free up ~22 mil in cap space after you deduct what Vuc’s expiring contract would have freed up allowing us to be bigger players in free agency and getting Vuc off the team would give more minutes to Bamba to develop. Ahh well, it was fun thinking about lol.

Edit: Actually it would free up ~39 mil instead of ~22 mil if we traded Fournier away too

Edited by dtait93

41 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No lol

I thought Hill and JR’s contracts expired at the end of this season based off your last post but turns out they don’t expire until after 2019-20.

BUT if they did expire this year they would be stupid not to do it. Our PG’s suck so Hill would bolster that position while JR would provide similar range and efficiency to Fournier and Fournier’s contract would be off the books. Meanwhile it would free up ~22 mil in cap space after you deduct what Vuc’s expiring contract would have freed up allowing us to be bigger players in free agency and getting Vuc off the team would give more minutes to Bamba to develop. Ahh well, it was fun thinking about lol.

Edit: Actually it would free up ~39 mil instead of ~22 mil if we traded Fournier away too

So JR and Hill are guaranteed ~4 mil and 1 mil of their salary next year respectively, so they are effectively expiring.

My bad on the lack of clarity

24 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

So JR and Hill are guaranteed ~4 mil and 1 mil of their salary next year respectively, so they are effectively expiring.

My bad on the lack of clarity

Oh well then maybe they would. I wouldn’t be opposed to it. We would get rid of 2 bad culture guys, get rid of 1 bad deal (Fournier), free up more cap space for free agency, improve our weakest position, and free up more playing time for Bamba. Seems like a win to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Beilein was a complete outta nowhere choice.

I'm happy that it hurts Michigan...
Not sure how i feel about him coaching the cavs though.  Will be interesting to see how he handles the NBA egos

Yeah prolly kept it extremely quiet so it wouldn’t ruin a recruiting class if he didn’t get the job 

I mean he did amazing things with Michigan. I just don’t know if it will translate. Also Heard rumors that’s prolly one of the young guys they talked to might become an assistant. Maybe be the eventual replacement when JB hangs it up cause he is 66yrs old

I feel pretty good about ending up with the 5th pick. The top pick is rarely the top player in his class. Zion is basically Julius Randle. Ja and RJ is a close call but both have their flaws and the player I believe is slightly better of the two is also the worse fit for our team. At 5 we have options, less pressure for going off script, and a handful of similarly rated guys to choose from. I will root for Culver or Hunter, but wouldn't be shocked to see Reddish be the pick. 

Not every day your franchise gets an unexpectedly good coaching hire and a top 5 pick in the span of two days, so I'm happy.