Official Cleveland Cavs Thread: time to win the lottery...again!!!

buno67

58 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

They should.  I actually think they cant coast this season like in years past.  I really believe the Wizards would give them a run for their money.  Celtics too if Hayward wasn't out for the season.

I quite literally hear this every year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn I was surprised that I had to go back 3 pages to get this thread back going. There are quite a few Cav fans on here.

Anyhow my question for the followers is simple, how would you "go forward" with this current team if you were the GM? Fact is Kobe Altman and I know each other from back in his college coaching days at Columbia U. I certainly think his GM status with Cleveland is harder and more complicated than any GM I can remember and he is just a beginner so to speak. I haven't spoken with him in four years so I don't dare call out the blue to get his thought process on this. Though I could imagine he may not know how to proceed yet anyway.

So if you were him, what realistically would you do? Do you dare consider trading the Brooklyn pick to appease Lebron? Who would/could you trade to "right the ship"

Is it even possible???? Thoughts?

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn I was surprised that I had to go back 3 pages to get this thread back going. There are quite a few Cav fans on here.

Anyhow my question for the followers is simple, how would you "go forward" with this current team if you were the GM? Fact is Kobe Altman and I know each other from back in his college coaching days at Columbia U. I certainly think his GM status with Cleveland is harder and more complicated than any GM I can remember and he is just a beginner so to speak. I haven't spoken with him in four years so I don't dare call out the blue to get his thought process on this. Though I could imagine he may not know how to proceed yet anyway.

So if you were him, what realistically would you do? Do you dare consider trading the Brooklyn pick to appease Lebron? Who would/could you trade to "right the ship"

Is it even possible???? Thoughts?

No that Brooklyn pick is off the table. Unless we can get young star. We need to build for the future. It’s become obvious every game that these old guys dont care anymore most importantly Lebron. The Brooklyn pick will begin our rebuild away from Lebron and the strange hold he’s had on this franchise for the past 4 years. 

Honestly. Isaiah Thomas has ruined this team. He's not a good fit at all. If I'm running the Cavaliers I'm trading Isaiah Thomas for assets or another starting PG. He's due a lot of money but he's also a good PG and I think a swap or some sort should happen between I.T. and George Hill from the Kings.

Cavaliers get: PG George Hill.

Kings get: PG Isaiah Thomas, SG Iman Shumpert.

Cavaliers are better without Thomas in the line up. Jose Calderon was doing just fine, and a simple move like this doesn't stop them for trying to get Jordan if they really covet him.

I feel bad for Thomas too, he'd be better in a different situation I think. He needs a fresh start without the pressure/lights on him like they are in Cleveland right now.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:00 AM, bosko1616 said:

dan Gilbert ****ed this entire team up. This is on him and only him. He can **** off. Enjoy even being average because we’re screwed for the next ten years 

Dan Gilbert isn’t the one giving no effort on defense and jacking up long 2s on offense. He’s given into lebrons demands for 4 years. Gilbert is a tool but this is all on Lebron.