Official Cleveland Cavs Thread: time to win the lottery...again!!!

buno67

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Dan Gilbert isn’t the one giving no effort on defense and jacking up long 2s on offense. He’s given into lebrons demands for 4 years. Gilbert is a tool but this is all on Lebron. 

Yeah, LeBron demanded his friends get signed.  With LeBron always doing 1+1 deals, he had a lot of leverage to make sure his buddies got paid.  Gilbert could have said no, but he was in a very tough spot.

I'm not really sure what the cavs can do here. They need to get younger and more talented. They only have two guys that have looked like starters for a playoff team. They have old guys who aren't performing on big contracts, and their valuable assets consist of Love and the Brooklyn pick. Love is their only consistently good non LeBron player this year so trading him is not really smart. Brooklyn pick is a chance to remake their roster with some youth, which they have to do with or without James. They can't trade it unless they are getting a long term starter back. It pretty much means all they have is an ability to take on some big contracts for slightly smaller contracts plus expiring contracts.  So like JR Smith and Frye for George Hill. But is that really worth it for Sacramento? Maybe you have to take Zach Randolph too, so add another player like shumpert to even it out.

Or maybe Thompson and Thomas for Dwight Howard. Although that is actually a larger salary commitment for Charlotte, just spread over more years, so that's not an easy sell. And all this would require Gilbert to commit an astronomical amount to the payroll, without having any idea that the guy who makes it worth it will even be there.

I don't see any incentive for theclippers to trade Jordan to Cleveland. They would have to take on long term contracts that are not great players that will be hard to move.

Of course LeBron has every right to keep his options open. He has maybe three years left as a top player who can push a good team to greatness. He can't tie himself to a sinking ship. And Cleveland has been trying to add players since last season ended. They just haven't had the ammo to do it.

Anyway, I hope it works out in Cleveland as I do not see a fit anywhere else unless he takes a huge pay cut to ring chase, and obviously Cleveland will be 4 more years in the desert without him.

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

If lebron leaves. Will you guys set fire to his house and the chip would feel fake?

Burn more jerseys and call him a traitor?

Or just thank him and be done with him.

At least we won’t spray paint his gate with racist graffiti like they did to his house in LA. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

I mean realistically this isn't much about Payroll if you think Lebron is staying or resigning or whatever. The Franchise itself is worth so much more with this one player on it, it shouldn't matter if he's over the luxury, etc. Honestly Lebron is making him so much money that's getting extremely petty imo and Lebron has a real beef then.

What I think is happening is management is positioning itself for life after Lebron, but want to straddle the here and now chances of still making a championship run in the east. Lebron might have screwed things up signing his friends, and not giving management a definite answer for his future.

I think it's almost for sure they make some sort of move before the deadline is over but how seismic or major it really is seems less and less likely day by day. They've literally got to do something and I personally think addition by subtraction at this point(No Isaiah Thomas) is good for this team. I don't think management is letting go of the Nets selection, and I think, just think they want to move JR Smith/Tristan Thompson bad to help ignite the rebuild next year which I don't know how they'll do. Personally I'd package the Brooklynn pick and then some to get both DeAndre Jordan/Lou Williams in town.

Most people think that's crazy, and maybe it is but it's also crazy that they'd free up 80 million potentially this summer doing a trade like this.

Cav's trade: C Tristan Thompson, G JR Smith, PG Isaiah Thomas, the rights to the Nets 1st round pick.

Clippers trade: C DeAndre Jordan, and G Lou Williams.

If you want talk business moves that's a pure business move from a Cleveland perspective while selling the fans that your all in with Lebron. Why would they do this? Like I said potentially 80 million off the books...

Idk if this is hot for LAC though, lot of money tied up in two players who aren't worth a dang. Though you can waive JR Smith his final year for about 4 million.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:13 AM, Texansfan713 said:

what about now?

As far as how are we playing now?  We’re horrible, the defense is an absolute nightmare, Lebron is back to pouty diva dude and I hate our coaching.  And we don’t deserve to make the playoffs. 

I still think we’ll make the playoffs. How will we do? Don’t know too early to tell. But let’s be real nobody is beating Golden State unless they suffer a significant injury. Durant ruined the league. 

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

So I like the cavs kinda. And sorta follow them in the playoffs because of Lebron.... but did the Cavs get better or worse?

Hard to tell. Only thing we knew for sure was that the roster a few hours ago was not a championship one. Had to shake things up. Worst case scenario is that the end result is the same. 

They got younger and should have some added energy, so there’s that. Hopefully they start playing defense soon, as they have in past years. Can’t really compete when you allow a consistent 120 a game.

As long as everybody we got stays healthy, I think we got much better. And more well engineered as a roster to take on the best (typically smaller outside of Rox/Capela) lineups that we will see in the playoffs. Nance, Clarkson, Hill, and Hood are all quality rotation players. And moving off of IT makes our defense better automatically.

They're better, currently it looks like Lebron might slide some minutes to play PF while Love is hurt.

George Hill

Jordan Clarkston

Rodney Hood

LeBron James

Larry Nance Jr.

I think they're better but trading away Isaiah Thomas was the biggest success for them and this season, imo. Also though, not sure they got good enough to be better than Boston in the east right now.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

So I like the cavs kinda. And sorta follow them in the playoffs because of Lebron.... but did the Cavs get better or worse?

They got better IMO. 

The league is about perimeter play. Cavs got bigger longer and more athletic in that aspect. 

They got a more reliable PGs in Hill and Clarkson. Got a great swing player in Hood. Got a high energy guy in Nance who wants to play for the Cavs. I hope they allow him to wear his fathers number. 

Best thing was getting rid of a cancerous player in Thomas. 

This might not set this team up for this year but it did for next year. Also got to keep the Nets pick. That could lead to a great trade once draft position is set or turn into a young potential player on a rookie deal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

lol half the people in that first picture are gone and I love it!

18 people in the picture. Still here: Bron, Osman, Caldron, Thompson, Love, Green, Korver, J.R.

So 8/18 still on the team, hahaha.