NFC Divisonal Round Postgame: Packers Roll Rams

mikebpackfan

5 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Sean McVay and Jared Goff were in a SB together not to long ago, so it surprises me that it surprises you....

You were surprised that I was surprised that Goff played better than expected?  Here’s why I’m surprised:

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Coming into today’s game, Goff has been terrible.  Just look at his previous 4 games: QBR - 49, 51, 20, 47.  Today he had a 84 QBR with a 77% completion percentage.  He exceeded my expectations today when considering his lack of cold weather experience, bad thumb, terrible past four games, and no Kupp.  He clearly needed more help from his running game and his o-line (pressures and sacks), but props to GB’s defense all the way around for a dominant performance.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

He didn't come back. The only stuff I could find today just says he has a quad. Hopefully no big deal, be nice to have him.

You’d think if anyone could absorb a quad injury, it would be AJD.

I’m more worried about Crosby. He will see the ball more than 3rd string RB at this point. I hope both make a quick recovery this week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This was satisfying to watch:

RG is playing  like a young 1st round stud. He has arrived and there is more to come. If Savage can turn it on these next few weeks, that draft class will be looking very good. 

I’m excited to see if this D can put it all together. The many short incompletions were frustrating, but the final stats and score show a very solid performance. We’ll need that and more to be where we want to be in February.

25 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You were surprised that I was surprised that Goff played better than expected?  Here’s why I’m surprised:

Here you had a team that won eleven games and once again Goff does have previous playoff and SB experience, and last time I knew was getting paid good $$$ for his services....

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Here you had a team that won eleven games and once again Goff does have previous playoff and SB experience, and last time I knew was getting paid good $$$ for his services....

So what!  He was a averaging a 45 GBR going into the game over his last 4 outings.  Pile on the other aforementioned conditions coming into yesterday’s game, and he outplayed expectations by many - including by Rams fans in their GDT, LOL.  They literally thought Goff was one of their bright spots yesterday!

Goff literally had his 4th best QBR of the season yesterday- an 84 with a 77% completion rating - and yet our defense still held the Rams to under 20 points!

You do realize it’s ok to say an opposing QB played efficiently while also acknowledging our defense played solid?

14 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I was expecting Goff to throw for less than 10 receptions, less than 100 yards total - especially with Kupp out.  So yeah, he outperformed my expectations.

Saying Goff exceeded expectations isn't unreasonable at all.  Saying your expectations were for Goff to complete fewer than 10 passes and throw for less than 100 yards, and then try to call out the defense for not meeting your expectations is the unreasonable part. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

So what!  He was a averaging a 45 GBR going into the game over his last 4 outings.  Pile on the other aforementioned conditions coming into yesterday’s game, and he outplayed expectations by many - including by Rams fans in their GDT, LOL.  They literally thought Goff was one of their bright spots yesterday!

Goff literally had his 4th best QBR of the season yesterday- an 84 with a 77% completion rating - and yet our defense still held the Rams to under 20 points!

You do realize it’s ok to say an opposing QB played efficiently while also acknowledging our defense played solid?

I think the issue is that anyone with eyeballs could see that the closest defenders on most completions were 5+ yards away, so all he had to do was hit the broad side of a barn, and miscues were mostly unforced after it was out of Goff's hands. It ended up working out for us, but if they had Kupp or actually pushed the passing game more it may have ended poorly for us.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Saying Goff exceeded expectations isn't unreasonable at all.  Saying your expectations were for Goff to complete fewer than 10 passes and throw for less than 100 yards, and then try to call out the defense for not "meeting your expectations" is the unreasonable part. 

Dude, if you couldn’t spot the sarcasm in that post I can’t help you.  To spell it out for you, I was expecting Goff hit between 60-65% completion and below a 75 QBR, based on his past month of play, AND, because he didn’t have Kupp, bad thumb, cold weather, etc.

And show me where I stated our defense “didn’t meet my expectations”.  Show me.  You won’t find it.  I said Goff exceeded my expectations and that he was efficient.  That’s it - that’s all.  LOL.

8 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

I think the issue is that anyone with eyeballs could see that the closest defenders on most completions were 5+ yards away, so all he had to do was hit the broad side of a barn, and miscues were mostly unforced after it was out of Goff's hands. It ended up working out for us, but if they had Kupp or actually pushed the passing game more it may have ended poorly for us.

To be exact, Goff averaged 6.5 per pass.  That’s low, and explains his efficiency.  

Just now, Sasquatch said:

To be exact, Goff averaged 6.5 per pass.  That’s low, and explains his efficiency.  

You still surprised? It would surprise me if you were still surprised...but not entirely. Some things have surprised me....surprisingly :)

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You still surprised? It would surprise me if you were still surprised...but not entirely. Some things have surprised me....surprisingly :)

I knew Goff’s stats before this thread was even born.  Goff was efficient.  77% completion is very good regardless.  I never said Goff was great last night- I said he was efficient - because his average was 6.5.

Late last night I decided to read the Rams GDT to see how they were holding up.  Pretty much 13 pages of praise for Goff and bemoaning their defense.  I don’t watch the Rams - I only knew Goff’s stats coming into the game were terrible.  I wasn’t expecting Goff to be as “efficient”.  And apparently, neither were Rams fans, LOL.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I knew Goff’s stats before this thread was even born.  Goff was efficient.  77% completion is very good regardless.  I never said Goff was great last night- I said he was efficient - because his average was 6.5. Late last night I decided to read the Rams GDT to see how they were holding up.  Pretty much 13 pages of praise for Goff and bemoaning their defense.  I don’t watch the Rams - I only knew Goff’s stats coming into the game were terrible.  I wasn’t expecting Goff to be as “efficient”.  And apparently, neither were Rams fans, LOL.

Relax. I was kidding around.  Goff was efficient. He threw nothing but high % short ****. Too bad for them we were scoring at a good clip and their short **** wasnt gonna get it done. Played right into our defensive scheme in fact.

• Like 1