Who do we take at #25?

pwny

Barmore at 25 feels like a reach for me he had a decent season but had a similar season to Chassion who came on during the end of the season like Barmore this yr he still feels like a day 2 selection to me. I think it will be way more value at 25 than Barmore. It all weighs heavily on whether the Jags are switching to 34 or not to see what we need. As far as solid players towards the end of the first I’ve been looking at Christian Darrisaw, Sam Cosmi, Zaven Collins(if the Jags switch to 34), and Eric Stokes. I also think a guy like Gregory Rousseau may tumble if we stay 43 he’s the only edge I’m intrigued by but he is going to run into the same issues as Yann when it comes to defending the run.. but still a talent to watch because he could help push talent up the board if he’s taken right before 25.

Edited by DuvalsKing

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Barmore at 25 feels like a reach for me he had a decent season but had a simibutlar season to Chassion who came on during the end of the season like Barmore this yr he still feels like a day 2 selection to me. I think it will be way more value at 25 than Barmore. It all weighs heavily on whether the Jags are switching to 34 or not to see what we need. As far as solid players towards the end of the first I’ve been looking at Christian Darrisaw, Sam Cosmi, Zaven Collins(if the Jags switch to 34), and Eric Stokes. I also think a guy like Gregory Rousseau may tumble if we stay 43 he’s the only edge I’m intrigued by but he is going to run into the same issues as Yann when it comes to defending the run.. but still a talent to watch because he could help push talent up the board if he’s taken right before 25.

id actually be fine taking Collins even if we we were a 4-3.   Collins projects to be a Sam or Mike in the 4-3 and schobert while hes good but hes not overally athletic.... collins would give us a Future Mike along with a guy who could also play some Edge for us. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

id actually be fine taking Collins even if we we were a 4-3.   Collins projects to be a Sam or Mike in the 4-3 and schobert while hes good but hes not overally athletic.... collins would give us a Future Mike along with a guy who could also play some Edge for us. 

I like Collins he plays a lot inside on the 34 for Tulsa.. kid looks instinctive athletic him inside paired with Jack... and Chassion and Allen on the edge has me thinking about them recking havoc on offenses. Only thing is where the hell do you play Schobert.. 🤷‍♂️ He makes too much to bench a lot has to be made out as far as looking at free agency as far as what they do to me the smart thing to do is spend the money on offense for vets to help Trevor a vet like Golladay, to help Chark and Shenault.. and Jonnu at TE would be how I would go and I’d build the trenches both sides and defensive needs through the draft.

I think you just treat this like an expansion team and get the most talented players. I couldn’t say that this team is too good anywhere to avoid getting BPA. 

I personally like Etienne...incredibly high floor in the Jags scheme and I think it could really help with Lawrence’s transition. If I was building the team and assuming the grades were there...I’d go OL. You really can’t have too many and there’s lots of uncertainty. There are some prospect with positional flexibility. That’s nice. 

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think you just treat this like an expansion team and get the most talented players. I couldn’t say that this team is too good anywhere to avoid getting BPA. 

I personally like Etienne...incredibly high floor in the Jags scheme and I think it could really help with Lawrence’s transition. If I was building the team and assuming the grades were there...I’d go OL. You really can’t have too many and there’s lots of uncertainty. There are some prospect with positional flexibility. That’s nice. 

I'm not a big fan of taking RBs high, but I do think we need to pair JRob with a legit RB. That's just how it is in today's NFL and he's not going to last getting worked like he was this past year.

I can back just about any position though, I agree. LB would be pretty eh though given Jack and Scho (with his contract). Otherwise whatever works.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not a big fan of taking RBs high, but I do think we need to pair JRob with a legit RB. That's just how it is in today's NFL and he's not going to list getting worked like he was this past year.

I can back just about any position though, I agree. LB would be pretty eh though given Jack and Scho (with his contract). Otherwise whatever works.

Agreed I’d like a back like Gainwell later like 3rd round who would be a good complimentary back to JRob. Definitely interested in going Oline with the 25th although this is one of the deeper Oline drafts.. you’ll be able to get quality starters up until the 3rd round it’s that deep. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Agreed I’d like a back like Gainwell later like 3rd round who would be a good complimentary back to JRob. Definitely interested in going Oline with the 25th although this is one of the deeper Oline drafts.. you’ll be able to get quality starters up until the 3rd round it’s that deep. 

Yeah, there's a lot of legit OL. Darrisaw is the only realistic guy I could see getting to 25 that I'd sprint to the podium for. Thing is, I'm not sure any guy we draft along the OL is a starter unless we let Cam go and don't sign a vet. So any and all will be developmental guys most likely unless they push the envelope to get a gig (RG is the only other realistic spot I could see someone taking over).

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, there's a lot of legit OL. Darrisaw is the only realistic guy I could see getting to 25 that I'd sprint to the podium for. Thing is, I'm not sure any guy we draft along the OL is a starter unless we let Cam go and don't sign a vet. So any and all will be developmental guys most likely unless they push the envelope to get a gig (RG is the only other realistic spot I could see someone taking over).

I'd put money darrisaw goes top 17.  Same with slater.

I kinda think eicheberg would be a solid yet unspectacular left tackle like constanzo