Who do we take at #25?

pwny

Just now, LinderFournette said:

if thats truely the case Orlando Brown definitely isnt a target what so ever with his 5.8 40 LOL

Speed isnt everything.  

im putting the FACTS of guys he has Played and recruited and only 2 of them are the crazy Speed type of runners while the rest of the runners were around a 4.5 guys. 

if were basing stuff around his college style offense i fully expect Lawrence with atleast 100 carries which is about 100 too many. 

You’re conflating 40 times with playing fast. They’re not the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

not much difference between 21.2 MPH and 21.4 MPH whic would be in the top 20 for MPH in Fastest Ball carriers this past season

Are you really comparing his top speed in shorts to every other player’s top speed in full pads?

10 hours ago, pwny said:

Are you really comparing his top speed in shorts to every other player’s top speed in full pads?

i work with what i have access to.   

having speed is 1 thing but it doesnt matter oif u have speed if u dont have the skills to play the position..  robinson is Fast enough to be a starting rb.  u can sprinkle in some touches for a 3-5th round rookie if u want but theres 0 reason to take a rb early when we have bigger HOLES on the roster.  

robinson is a guy who will get u what it is blocked and then a touch more.    

i would put WR, OL, TE and pretty much every Defensive spot sans ILB as a need tho i would be EDGE as a lower end of those spots early as i fully exoect us to run allen and chaisson out there for roughy 60% of snaps at the least. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont love the idea of Haskins throwing 50 times lol but overall LOVE IT

He was talking about college ball with that, to be clear. And Haskins throwing 50 times in college was money.

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

but theres 0 reason to take a rb early when we have bigger HOLES on the roster.  

18 hours ago, pwny said:

And while we can argue all day that they shouldn’t do that, that doesn’t mean it isn’t on the list of possibilities that a team would do.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

All 3 of which are playoff teams with lesser needs although you could a chicken/egg argument that the logic there helps keep them as contenders

Ultimately, get as many playmakers on offense as possible. The good teams do that. You think KC/Mahomes needed an early round RB more than several spots on D?

Not that I'm saying we shouldn't address the D, but giving Lawrence as many weapons as possible is never a bad thing.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ultimately, get as many playmakers on offense as possible. The good teams do that. You think KC/Mahomes needed an early round RB more than several spots on D?

Not that I'm saying we shouldn't address the D, but giving Lawrence as many weapons as possible is never a bad thing.

In our defense, i think James Robinson is better than Damian Williams

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 10:27 PM, .Buzz said:

neither is giving him a Defense that can actually stop someone so he doesnt have to score 50 points a game.  or how about an OL so he doesnt get creamed into an Early exit like Andrew luck.  weapons are fine but u dont take a rb early when u already have a fairly Proven Starting Caliber RB. 

i saw the 3 teams Rattled off. 

Packers cuz Aaron jones is set to be a FA and they wanted to get a cold weather back and thats dillion. 

Ravens got Dobbins cuz 1 there was value but 2 Mark Ingram was likely in his last year with the team and they wanted to secure the future at the position. 

and the chiefs got C-H-E because he was a good Pass catching back and the fact their best rb was damian williams. 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, LinderFournette said:

James-Robinson-RAS-19056.png?w=806&ssl=1not much difference between 21.2 MPH and 21.4 MPH whic would be in the top 20 for MPH in Fastest Ball carriers this past season

You're still really not getting it.  You're still talking about 40 yard dashes.  Urban directly says in that clip pwny posted, that it's not about 40 yard dash times.  It's about "playing fast".

Robinson may have enough play speed to be effective as a RB, but he's a long *** ways from anything resembling a real "burner" that anyone would describe as a real "speed threat" on the field.

If Urban's main aim here is to have a "fast team", it'd stand to reason that he's going to be looking to inject that speed anywhere possible...and RB may not be the most pressing need overall, but it's very clearly a spot where an infusion of speed could make a real difference.  That probably keeps the position on the table early, if the right guy is there.

On 2/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, pwny said:

In general, I agree that we shouldn’t take a RB early. But that’s a great plan until someone takes him ahead of us and then we have no one to fill that role and just mediocre players in the rest of the rounds to find the speed we desperately need.

If you’re this desperate for team speed, you better hope the exact player you want falls to the exact spot you’re picking, or you’re screwed. And most staffs aren’t going to hope a player falls to the 4th. They’re gonna overdraft. And while we can argue all day that they shouldn’t do that, that doesn’t mean it isn’t on the list of possibilities that a team would do.

The whole, "overdrafting" for a skillset or role thing, so often tends to amount to a pile of draftnik butt fluff in the end.  If you draft good players, to fill roles that are important to the way you want to run your team and what you want to set out to accomplish...as long as they actually do successfully fill that role and offer value in that, the whole idea of "overdrafting" really doesn't mean squat.  Players are worth what they can contribute to your team success.

If you draft a guy to bring speed to your offense from the RB position, and he helps create a perceived threat of "team speed" that puts opposing defenses on alert...the notion of "overdrafting" probably doesn't factor in.

If you draft a guy who is great perceived "value" but doesn't fit what you want to do, or help move your team in that direction overall...how good of a pick is that really?

• Like 1