Who do we take at #25?

pwny

On 2/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, pwny said:

There’s so much intrigue with this pick.

I could legitimately see us drafting a LT, RT, WR, TE, NT, 5T, EDGE, ILB, CB or Safety depending on how the board and FA plays out. And I’m not even sure that RB is completely off the table. 

Yeah.  It's a completely wide open pick at this point.  FA should bring some quality players who maybe start to narrow the scope a little bit for that top pick.  But there are so many spots we need to get better, or could easily still stand to improve.  Honestly, i wouldn't rule IOL out completely either, depending on how they're looking at the guys we have and where they fit in.  It really is open season, when a team is this absolutely dreadful, and has a completely new regime coming in with some completely different ideas about how to run a football team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's a completely wide open pick at this point.  FA should bring some quality players who maybe start to narrow the scope a little bit for that top pick.  But there are so many spots we need to get better, or could easily still stand to improve.  Honestly, i wouldn't rule IOL out completely either, depending on how they're looking at the guys we have and where they fit in.  It really is open season, when a team is this absolutely dreadful, and has a completely new regime coming in with some completely different ideas about how to run a football team.

Yea its obviously not good that we have needs everywhere but if the idea is truly bringing in the best players available during the draft then we should be in a position to scoop up great players that fall for whatever reason and slide them into a starting role. I feel like good teams that tend to draft in the 20s/30s are always in this position to find great value

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

McShay just released a mock that has us taking Levi Onwuzurike. I think that’s a first for him being linked to us. 

Indeed. At least from what I've seen.

I'm so attached to the idea of Barmore. He probably won't make it though.

Matt Miller put out a mock that has us taking Teven Jenkins. With the following blurb:

A massive right tackle prospect is just what the Jacksonville Jaguars need as they assemble an offense for head coach Urban Meyer and quarterback Trevor Lawrence.

Teven Jenkins is a Day 1 starter on the right side with excellent quickness in the high-octane Oklahoma State passing game. He’s comfortable being on an island and uses his length and quickness to protect the edge in the passing game. And offensive line coaches believe he’s capable of becoming much better with improved core strength and balance training.

With 2019 second-rounder Jawann Taylor continuing to struggle, the time is now to find his replacement. At No. 25 overall, that’s Jenkins.

Going high on the OL is a good move, particularly if we find our LT in Free Agency. I’m not against it.

Not really a fan of getting a blindside blocker as a rookie in the late first, but natural RTs seem to have a slightly better transition to the game.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Lawrence at 1

Etienne at 25

Freiermuth at 33

OL at 45

Sign Trent Williams and Allen Robinson

Lawrence

Robinson/Etienne

Chark/A-Rob (slot)/Shenault/Johnson

Freiermuth

Williams/Norwell/Linder/Cann or Rookie/Taylor

:shrugs:

no reason to take a RB in round 1 ever.  maybe in the past when it wasnt a passing league but in this current edge no thanks. 

u want reasons ill give ya some Proven reasons. 

1) RB has the shortest shelf-life of all skill position guys. 

2) Look at guys like Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Kareem Hunt(yes i know hes a techincally a backup but we all know hes a starting caliber back), 

3. by the time they are up for an extension the vast majority of backs Fail to perform to the 2nd contract they recieve based on previous years. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

no reason to take a RB in round 1 ever.  maybe in the past when it wasnt a passing league but in this current edge no thanks. 

u want reasons ill give ya some Proven reasons. 

1) RB has the shortest shelf-life of all skill position guys. 

2) Look at guys like Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Kareem Hunt(yes i know hes a techincally a backup but we all know hes a starting caliber back), 

3. by the time they are up for an extension the vast majority of backs Fail to perform to the 2nd contract they recieve based on previous years. 

Not saying I want Etienne. Just going by the tweet pwny quoted. 

It’s no secret Bev/Urbs love the ground game and having a 1-2 punch like Robinson/Etienne would take a lot of pressure off of Trevor.

It is unlikely they do it but we shall see.